Guide: How to top-up an existing neuron

Hi,

Can you manually refresh my Neuron please ? I topped using the ’ increase stake’ button, but the transaction is not showed as a top-up neuron, where when I just send them regularly to a neuron-address, the transaction is showed up as a top-up Neuron. Also I tried sending 6 ICP to the neuron with a regular transaction, and ICP’s not shown up. a total of 133 ICP is now vanished

my principal id is “qicuh-vu56j-a3xtd-5vhrz-qh4bo-ob33p-aj52r-oltyk-bvso2-6zqqe-wae”

neuron ID:11461693115169701657

Neuron adress: 2bc84a275f57b2eb595208dd4aa994d9b6833b19448a62432c7a3c5c1962b856

So I tried twice with the increase stake button, and once with a regular transaction, all vanished

please help

sincerely Siem

I know it’s been a long time coming… but the code which will allow us to refresh all of these neurons was merged in earlier today.

The NNS team are hoping to get it pushed out to production tomorrow at which point we will be able to refresh the balance of any neuron regardless of how it was created.

We have a list of neurons which we know require a balance refresh.

I’ll post an update here once we’ve worked through that list. If after that time anyone’s neuron still requires a refresh, please drop me a message and I’ll sort it :+1:

3 Likes

The code which allows all neurons to be refreshed has now gone out to production.
I didn’t realise this would be the case but in the new code we need to know the neuronId in order to perform the refresh.
I’ve just refreshed the neurons for which I knew the neuronId but if anyone’s neuron still needs refreshing please send me the neuronId and I’ll sort it.

2 Likes

Also, now that the governance canister allows us to refresh the balance of any neuron, next week we will put out an update to the NNS Dapp which will make use of this new functionality automatically so that all neurons will able to be topped up with no manual intervention.

1 Like

Would it be easy to combined 2 neurons with same Dissolve delay?
Or combine them with the longest delay of the 2?

1 Like

Not yet… but this is being worked on!

Hi - how do we do this via an airgapped computer? I’m trying to find out the command but the governance.did files on github are out of date. The ones I’ve found still asks for a memo and not a neuron ID.

The latest interface is here, the By typedef now includes NeuronIdOrSubaccount :
https://k7gat-daaaa-aaaae-qaahq-cai.ic0.app/listing/nns-governance-10222/rrkah-fqaaa-aaaaa-aaaaq-cai

1 Like

Hi,

Can you manually refresh my Neuron, please? I topped up using the ’ increase neuron stake’ button, but the balance has not been updated.

my principal id is “34nq3-jutpc-veyvc-twy7m-5u7n4-7brye-w5l5q-go4ne-fs4tu-fzq3a-3ae”

neuron ID: 8773745182993513106

Thanks!

Check it now. I’ve just refreshed it :ok_hand:

1 Like

Could you refresh mine plz too? Still missing 19 or 20 ICP. All the dates are in a post earlyer.

Can you send me the neuron’s Id?
As an example, the neuron Id is the large number in the screenshot from the NNS Dapp below -

1 Like

Neurons ID is:5300911004017006074
NR2 With the mintet one: 5977336138437091982
My main Wallet NR: 54806397983676842

I spawned one i cant stake. I also spawned one and sent there about 18 or 19 icp. Then i wantet to stake all together. Theyre here now:
Its sent to the recived Neurons adress “2a309510c1f81504d2d0bcb0b0c44506f9e72e97973d058537fae510cafc7932”
and should go to
“c9f4326d15810afb326e7c03a88b48916574d84f223cdeb16a9c9e4966011be3”

My principal id is:
Neurons: Your principal id is “yj7kg-kavee-u22ud-pcowi-cyea5-fcufj-mmmcb-re6ta-ymhw7-x33uq-dqe”

Check these now. I’ve refreshed all 3 :+1:

1 Like

That looks really bad now for me. When i want to increase the neuron stake with my mintet neurons, theyre not in my current balance. But its way worse that my 19 icp still arent on my portfolio. Can you plz take a look here on this link (need to put it together)?:
http s://ic.rocks/account/2a309510c1f81504d2d0bcb0b0c44506f9e72e97973d058537fae510cafc7932

Hope theres another way to get my icp back :frowning:
and thank you for the working and help mate.

From the looks of it you spawned a neuron, then waited 7 days for it to dissolve, then sent the ICP to your main account, then used the ‘Increase Neuron Stake’ functionality to top up a neuron.

At this point it looks like it sent the ICP back to your newly dissolved neuron which you just sent the ICP from and which now has a stake of 0.

I’ll raise this with the team tomorrow and between us we’ll be able to see how this has happened.

It should be fairly simple to get the ICP back by simply refreshing the zero balance neuron. We just need to find out the details for it.

I’ll get back to you ASAP once we know more.

1 thing I can guarantee though is that your ICP is definitely safe! :+1:

1 Like

Nice to hear, i war really confused what happend. But i see you understand and youre able to look with your team. Well im happy to stake it to my other ones. Thx dude :slight_smile:

Ok I now fully understand what has happened and have done a fix which will hopefully go live before the end of this week.

You disbursed a neuron to your main account (upon disbursing we should hide the old neuron’s details but we don’t currently), you then clicked ‘Increase Neuron Stake’ on the neuron which you just disbursed which now has a balance of 0, you then sent ICP to it’s account.

This neuron was a newly spawned neuron which we don’t currently refresh automatically. This meant the neuron’s balance wasn’t refreshed and so is still 0 ICP which is why it is hidden.

I’ve just made a change which will query the ledger to check each neuron’s balance (even if the neuron stake was 0), if any mismatches are detected it will send a request to the governance canister to refresh the neuron, once this is done it will reload the neuron so that the front end displays the latest details.

This will work for all neurons regardless of how they were created.

I’ll let you know once the fix is live, at which point you’ll see your neuron with the missing ICP in the NNS Dapp.

2 Likes

Are rewards calculated correctly even though the neuron balance isnt being displayed correctly (neuron hasnt been refreshed after topping it up)?

If you want to refresh your neurons yourself, here is an “easier” way to do so:

1. Head over to the Candid UI for the Governance Canister here

2. Open the menu and select the manage_neuron method

3. Set the arguments as follows (replace <your_neuron_id> with your actual neuron id which you can find in the https://nns.ic0.app webapp under the neurons tab, it is the large number that is displayed with your neuron)

4. Hit the Call button

After a few seconds you should refresh the NNS UI to be able to see that the Neuron balance indeed has been refreshed!

4 Likes