Now that Staking is fixed, can someone please help in adding more ICP to my neuron ID?

So finally my staked ICP has appeared and in the neuron tab “UNLOCKED”. I have a neuron ID and my amount is correct.

I have two Options:

1. Increase Dissolve Delay (I assume “LOCKS” the Neuron for my desired set time frame, is this correct?)
  2. Disburse (If i click this I can only assume because my neurons aren’t “LOCKED” it will move my ICP tokens back to my main wallet, is this correct?)

Now I have some more ICP I got in the dip i want to add to this Neuron ID… Can someone please confirm how this is done correctly?

1. Is it best to do this when my Neurons are unlocked?
  2. Is it safe to do this on a iPhone safari?

Someone said on reddit it’s as simple as transfer ICP to the address the original neuron was created on…

Thanks for any help possible.

3 Likes

I would like to know as well. I understand from another user’s post that I should be able to transfer ICP to the existing Neuron like any other account, but the identifier shown for my neuron is not an actual account number so I don’t know how to find that information.

1 Like

Click on your wallet “main” section where your ICP amount is listed. It will take you to another screen where you’re transactions are. You should see the wallet/staking address in there.

1 Like
  1. Increase Dissolve Delay (I assume “LOCKS” the Neuron for my desired set time frame, is this correct?)
    A Yes

2. Disburse (If i click this I can only assume because my neurons aren’t “LOCKED” it will move my ICP tokens back to my main wallet, is this correct?)
    A: Yes

3. Is it best to do this when my Neurons are unlocked?
    You can add ICPs even when neurons are locked but I guess for clarity it’s better to start with the entire balance at the same time.

4. Is it safe to do this on a iPhone safari?
    Yes, but I’ve heard people complaining that old updates are not working as they should so make sure you update to the latest version. Also make sure you add multiple devices as well.

Personally I’m waiting for ledger hardware support and then I’ll use that as my main device + macbook + phone just to be sure.

3 Likes

Thanks mate,

Can I assume you just transfer the ICP to the same contract address that you originally staked too?

Also you only earn the ICP once it’s locked right? Basically having them staked and unlocked does nothing?

Can I assume you just transfer the ICP to the same contract address that you originally staked too?

Yeah that should be the case.

Also you only earn the ICP once it’s locked right? Basically having them staked and unlocked does nothing?

locked and the dissolve delay set for > 6 moths AND voting but you can follow dfinity foundation and that takes care of your issue.

1 Like

So yea I followed the foundations on all the voting groups. So I can leave my neuron unlocked and earn ICP? or I have to lock greater the 6 months to earn ICP rewards?

@Jello You can only vote and in turn receive voting rewards if your lockup period is at least 6 months.

Also, the voting rewards you get are dependent on your voting power which increases as you lock up your ICP for longer durations.

1 Like

This is my exact question right now. I think in principle you can go to your main account, create the new transaction, and send to the address of your staked neuron. However, this isn’t working for me as expected. I have tried twice with small amounts of ICP (1 ICP and 0.1 ICP). The first time was before the staking was fixed and my ICP did not show up in my neuron. I submitted a support ticket, but got no response. After dfinity posted that staking was fixed, the ICP did show up in my neuron. I tried a second time yesterday with an even smaller amount of ICP and again it has not shown up in my neuron 12 hours later. I want to increase the amount of ICP in my neuron so it can spawn faster and I can “dividend reinvest” faster, so I’d prefer not to create new neurons every time I want to stake.

4 Likes

I sent a small amount of ICP to the address it originally staked to, the transaction shows as completed at https://dashboard.internetcomputer.org but my neuron staked amount has changed either :frowning:

@Gabriel you can vote as long as your dissolve delay is > 6 months regardless of if the neuron is in the dissolving state or locked state.

Regarding topping up neurons… Currently if you send ICP to an existing neuron’s address the neuron will not automatically be updated to reflect this increased amount.

This is something that will be added to the NNS app shortly but for now if you have already sent ICP to the neuron’s address you will need to contact support and they can refresh the neuron’s balance for you.

1 Like

Awesome thanks mate I will send the rest of my ICP and get support to update!!!

Yeah I know, but those were not my questions, I was trying to reply but forgot to use Blockquote :slight_smile:

This is something that will be added to the NNS app shortly but for now if you have already sent ICP to the neuron’s address you will need to contact support and they can refresh the neuron’s balance for you.

Hmm I thought that bug was fixed, thanks

1 Like

Any suggestions on what to included in the support ticket???

Neuron Id, main wallet address and staking address enough?

I’m pretty sure they will just need your principal (which you can find on the Neurons tab) + the neuron’s address

2 Likes

Can I adding some more ICP to my existed Neuron rather than not to create new one?

1 Like

I have 10 ICP,

1. create one Neuron with 10 ICP
  2. create two Neuron with 5 ICP each
    Which way I can get reward of ICP more effectively

Both would be exactly the same.

Your voting power grows linearly with your stake, so if you double the stake, that neuron will get double the rewards.

And yes you can add to an existing neuron, you need to send tokens to the neuron’s address (this will be the address the original ‘stake neuron’ transaction was sent to), and then email support with your principal and the neuron’s address and they can refresh its balance.

2 Likes

Could you add this to https://status.internetcomputer.org/ so that we can track the process of fixing this issue?

2 Likes

@hpeebles Thanks you a lot, Buddy