Voting Power miscalculation. Or is it?

Ahhh I know what this will be!
There was an error in the calculation in the NNS Dapp frontend.
It was treating the age bonus as going between 1 and 1.5 (after 4 years).
But in reality the age bonus goes between 1 and 1.25.
This was fixed yesterday (or maybe the day before).
So the age bonus you see now will be the correct value.

2 Likes

I think the ā€œlitmus testā€ would be - if the ICP absolute reward value has changed. I assume it has not. If it has then there is an issue.

C.J

It definitely has not changed!
The age bonus has always been between 1 and 1.25.
The dissolve delay bonus goes between 1 and 2 (8 years).
These bonuses are cumulative giving a max possible bonus of 2.5 (a locked neuron which has been locked for 4 years and has a dissolve delay of 8 years).

1 Like

I donā€™t think so @hpeebles, because :

• some of my mates did not see any changement in their bonus age whereas they do like me since months. I locked my ICP 3 months ago for 8 years. 1,015 is to small.
  • some people have lost 30 or 35 % of their bonus ages, not 50%.
  • my rewards effectively fall : I used to obtain 0,9 ICP a day. Now it is 0,075
    So itā€™s not the display miscalculation observed in this thread. My mates are waiting for to be allowed by administrators to describe the problem here. But some Dfinity ambassadors have the same problem.

You can see the code which calculates the voting power here - ic/governance.rs at master Ā· dfinity/ic Ā· GitHub

This calculation hasnā€™t changed in the 5 months since that codebase has been open source.

You can do the calculation yourself to verify the age bonus you see.

4 years contains 1461 days, so your age bonus should be as follows -
1 + ((number of days neuron has been locked / 1461) x 0.25)

Try out that calculation and see if it matches the age bonus you see on your neuron.

1 Like

You are right. So I have got too much bonuses ? Donā€™t supposed to give it back to Dfinity ? Or it is just a display problem and I got right bonuses past days even if it said 1.030 ?

Yup the bonuses were distributed correctly, it was purely a UI problem.

Keep your rewards, donā€™t send them back haha!

2 Likes

:joy:. Thanks for all @hpeebles Your patience, availability and reactivity are incredibly. You are a saint ! Thanks :pray:

3 Likes