Is the NNS UI team around? Suggestions/Requests

A couple of suggestions for the NNS that would be nice to have. One is a convenience for app devs and one would be really helpful for ICDevs.org.

1. Is there a workflow we can put in place so that app devs can more easily have users ‘fund’ the account ID for their unique Internet Identity account? I’ve run across this a couple of times where devs have complained that it is a multi-step process. It would be great if I could give the user a link like Internet Computer Content Validation Bootstrap that would preload the transaction in the NNS so the user can select a from-account and authorize it.

2. Can we put back the Manage Neuron topic with a clear description and warning of what it does? I think I requested its removal months ago when there was not enough description of what it did(I and others gave the dfinity foundation control of our neurons). Now I really need it for ICDevs.org because one of the fundraising mechanisms is to have users ‘dedicate’ their neurons to the charity. They get to keep the ICP staked in a neuron, but ICDevs can harvest the maturity on the neuron as a donation. I’ve found a way to hack this in the nns(see the absurd instruction on ICDevs.org), but it isn’t a long-term solution.

Thanks!

3 Likes

This is still very relevant to me as I a user today had to go through the headache of finding the new breakpoint in the nns UI code. If someone could reach out from the NNS team I’d appreciate it.

1 Like

Hi @skilesare, thanks for your feedback. We’re now in the process of rewriting the NNS dapp (see this post). For the time being, we won’t be able to introduce new features unfortunately.

I’d suggest that you file your suggestions as issues on Github, and the team can look into those once the rewrite is complete.

1 Like

Hi @ielashi possible to get an update on the status of the NNS App rewrite? ty!

2 Likes

Here are some updates on this:

1. Network Nervous System Dapp is Moving to Svelte
  2. NNS dapp "Voting" tab in Svelte live
3 Likes

@peterparker Here was one of my original requesters…there a few more littered throughout the forum archives:

1 Like

Thanks for collecting the links. I forward your inputs more people of the team. Will follow-up.

1 Like

I know that @wpb was asking about this feature recently as well.

@peterparker

The thread started by @bjoern below hits on the use case for why I really, really want to be able to ManageNeuron from the NNS dApp as mentioned by @skilesare. It would enable more decentralized control of neurons such as synapse.vote. I believe it requires allowing Followees to vote for ManageNeuron proposal topics from the NNS dApp, which I understand is easy. It also requires enabling any Followee to submit a ManageNeuron proposal, which I understand is much more difficult. We could probably get by using command line to submit ManageNeuron proposal topics, but the voting part is quite important since all Followees do not have command line skills. Ideally, this would work for a neuron without a controller so neuron management can only occur through the Manage Neuron proposal topic by the Followees. It would also be nice if it could be easily verified that there is no controller for the neuron from within the NNS dApp.

Incidentally, there is a configuration for neurons to designate them as a non-profit. I’d like to learn more about that feature and how to activate it, but have never seen any literature or discussion about it. I think that could also be an interesting feature to consider.

I’ll second this. Synapse isn’t decentralized enough. We need to make control and voting more decentralized.

1 Like