Seed Round Access

Hello,

I’m stuck at the claim step

I ran the dfx canister --network=https://ic0.app --no-wallet send message.json command on my networked machine and all I received was a “Request ID”

I’ve since tried to interrogate this Request ID with the command dfx canister --network=https://ic0.app --no-wallet request-status <Request ID> renrk-eyaaa-aaaaa-aaada-cai but it just hangs and I never get any response on the command line.

I can’t find any information about Request IDs or how to use them. There isn’t anything in the seed instructions about receiving a Request ID. Wasn’t I supposed to receive a list of Neuron IDs?

Please help.

2 Likes

It’s been changed back and forth. Someone had suggested it a day ago as a solution and then they updated the directions with it I assume without testing because it wasn’t working. Looks like it was reverted back and steps changed in some places. Glad they figured it out.

Can you guys withdraw after KYC email?

Questions:

1 What happens if someone loses their list of Neuron IDs? What is the procedure for them to get the list of Neuron IDs again?

2 Where do we get more information about the Genesis and Governance canisters and what methods they have on them? Is there an explorer of some kind? Or is it in the documentation somewhere?

2 Likes

Any update? Stuck here as well.

Are you stuck in the same way where you didn’t see any Neuron IDs returned, only the Request ID is displayed?

Yes, exactly as you described it.

Hi all, I’m getting this error when trying to disburse my neurons:

Error = record {
    error_message = "The recipient's subaccount is invalid due to: Received an invalid AccountIdentifier proto containing a field 'hash' of length 29 bytes instead of the expected 28.";
    error_type = 5 : int32;
}

I’m running on MacOS and have aliased xargs to gxargs (installed via homebrew). Any ideas? I’m setting my account id with:

ACCOUNT_ID_WITHOUT_CHECKSUM_BYTES="$(printf ${ACCOUNT_ID:8} | sed 's/\(..\)/\1 /g' | xargs -I {} -d ' ' printf '%d:nat8; ' '0x{}')"

Any idea how to sort the neurons in the list according to their dissolution time? Seem to be random so hunting for the next one will be certainly a headache :thinking:

1 Like

good point! Would be great to know how to send to another ICP address (network and air gapped method). I guess we have to wait till this part is added to the manual unless someone could paste the commands here.

1 Like

The doc is updated, however, follow the latest command, there’s a Request ID, but no idea what’s the next step to do with it to get the Neuron IDs.

Same problem here. Since the command line was changed just yesterday they didn’t add to the instruction what to do with the Request ID or how to query the neuron ID’s. Already curious how to send ICP tokens (once dispursed) with air gapped method to another account. Couldn’t find any information related to this topic. We are getting there, fingers crossed.

You should be able to transfer disbursed ICPs from your ledger cannister to an another account in the ledger (and I think to an external exchange) by following the instructions in Self-custody quick start - Transfer ICP tokens to another account . Does this address your question?

I asked this question, the command of send ICP on air-gapped computer, on another post. but no useful reply yet.

1 Like

thanks! the commands for sending in two steps are not in there.

Interesting observations!

Got it. Would that command work for sending disbursed tokens to an ICP wallet on an exchange?

I guess transfer should be possible directly to exchange wallets. Anyhow should be tested with a small amount.

1 Like

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience and for your community engagement. As a reminder, this is a developer forum, so please avoid token speculation. Our teams are working on pushing updates to tooling and documentation and we appreciate your patience.

I will try to collate general questions and provide feedback to common questions.

Useful links:

Issue:

“I was hoping there would be hardware wallet support as I’m really not keen on entering my seed anywhere online, or handing it over to any trusted third party.”

Comment: We are working hard on hardware wallet support and it is a high priority for our team. Unfortunately for hardware wallet support is still under development and review processes. The safety and security of your private key is your responsibility and there is no substitute for planning ahead, bringing the right equipment, having the right skills, and using good judgment. We strongly recommend you proceed using an air-gapped computer to reduce the risk of having your private key compromised.

Issue: sqlalchemy.exc.IntegrityError: (psycopg2.errors.NotNullViolation) null value in column “token_holder_id” violates not-null constraint when submitting KYC documents.

Comment: This was a bug in the KYC workflow and has been hot fixed by the team. If you are still encountering this issue please open a support ticket.

Issue:

I can also confirm that there is no email confirmation. Will we be notified by email when the KYC is complete? And how long can we expect this to take?

Comment: We have updated KYC workflow to email automated updates. Previously, we took a “no news is good news” approach, but folks found this confusing.

Issue:

If I try to disburse I get a “Neuron XXXXX is not kyc verified.

Comment: The updates to the Foundation Ledger may take up to one business day. If you are still encountering this issue after 24 hours of being KYC approved please open a support ticket.

Issue: version ‘GLIBC_2.29’ not found

Comment: Please upgrade to the latest version of Ubuntu 20.04

Issue: Invalid character ‘x’ at position 1 error.

Comment: The documentation at this step was incorrect and has been updated now.

Issue: record { error_message = ""; error_type = 6 : int32 }

Comment: The error codes for the governance canister are documented in the ic_nns_governance code here. Hopefully this can provide hints when interacting with the governance canisters.

5 Likes

Thank you for look into it.

I’m following the two-step to claim neuron IDs.
Use the latest command to send message, I got a Request ID, but what next?
dfx canister --network=https://ic0.app --no-wallet send message.json

Is there should be a didc decode command too?

1 Like