Running linkedup tutorial

I was trying to get the linkedup repo up and running a while ago and couldn’t make it work.
With the release of 0.5.0 this is now possible!

Here’s a small tutorial I recorded:

11 Likes

Wonderful seeing LinkedUp in action. Thanks, @cryptoschindler

2 Likes

Nice tutorial of the LinkedUp app @cryptoschindler. I am just starting to dive into the latest release and it seems like the evolution of the SDK has come a long ways in the past few months. (I could have used those more detailed compiler errors a couple of months ago :sweat_smile:) The ability to connect a front end application to the Internet computer (mocked for now) is what is going to change the way we developers build applications.

4 Likes

Epic tutorial @cryptoschindler!!! I ran Linkedup for the first time on my machine and found your video walkthrough very helpful.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

1 Like

There now is a section in the documentation dedicated to the linkeup example!

5 Likes

Hello everyone!

Currently working on the “Making simple inter-canister calls” tutorial, I found that the git clone git@github.com:dfinity-lab/linkedup.git command didn’t works for me.

I got the following message:

Cloning into ‘linkedup’…
The authenticity of host ‘github.com (140.82.121.4)’ can’t be established.
RSA key fingerprint is SHA256:nThbg6kXUpJWGl7E1IGOCspRomTxdCARLviKw6E5SY8.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? y
Please type ‘yes’, ‘no’ or the fingerprint: yes
Warning: Permanently added ‘github.com,140.82.121.4’ (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

However, I found a workaround by copy pasting the link from the GitHub repository: git clone https://github.com/dfinity-lab/linkedup.git.

This is just for your information! :slight_smile: Honestly, once I found the solution I didn’t go further.

Have a nice day (or night)!