Introduction "Damian, @dehypokriet"

Hello Dfinity engineers, and X followers

As this is my first post on the forum, I would like to introduce myself. I am Damian, a young student entrepreneur living in the Netherlands and studying Informatica at the HVA. Currently, I am participating in a blockchain-themed semester where we are building a booking system for a former prison that has been transformed into a cultural space for films, workspaces, and student courses. This will be a longer post where I would like to share some thoughts and potential solutions.

Here is the project link that I created to introduce the team to ICP and the ICP chain. Initially, they wanted to use Solana or Polygon, but I convinced them to choose ICP instead.

• Koepel Project:
    [ ]

I also created a document explaining why ICP will win:

• Why ICP will win: [ ]

At the moment, we are able to run a canister on the local network. We are trying to implement the ORIGYN NFT standard from GitHub, but we may have dived too deep into this. We don’t want to disappoint our client, and our team’s lack of experience is slowing us down tremendously. We are in need of a skilled Scrum master who would join the GitLab for the project and guide us in the right direction. If anyone has a little time to spare or could arrange a meeting or two, my team and I would be appreciative.

I have some questions and would like to hear your thoughts on the problems I have encountered:

1. I am desperately trying to link a .ic domain to a Google Sites page, but the TXT records are not updating correctly. I have no clue what the issue is. This brings me to my question: we need to have a better linkage of domains and canisters. This is currently one of the biggest issues that is not being addressed. I have read the forum posts about the app.icnaming ] and icns.id] situation. We have web speed and HTTPS calls, so what is the issue in creating a canister that can control a solid naming system? We don’t need the .ICP for now, as we can adjust it later. Right now, we need to be able to put a Shopify store on an ICP-owned domain. There is a lot of potential going to waste, and I wonder if I am the only one seeing it this way or if it is too far-fetched.

2. Side nodes / light nodes: Would it be possible to integrate a device, a pre-built machine that is like a 10x scaled-down version of the Nodes, that could run at someone’s house with an internet connection, providing storage or some kind of extra utilities? Let’s say Dfinity makes this program where you can add compute, storage, or some kind of utility to expand the reach and possibilities. That’s just a thought, and I’m not totally sure if it would be needed.

Lokale Mand Startup

I would like to develop a long-term project on the ICP chain. Lokale Mand lokalemand.nl is a marketplace for locally grown food. The seller sets up a shop, pays a monthly fee, and then buyers can make reservations and choose their payment method (cash or other). A chat feature then pops up with a message to the seller asking if the product is still available. If the seller approves, a pickup is scheduled. This way, there is a direct link from the producer to the buyer, with no intermediaries. The first group to be onboarded will be farmers, followed by local shops and restaurants. Companies like Takeaway generate so much revenue because they have a monopoly on ordering, taking 20% of the order price. I don’t think that’s right, and I also believe that farmers need a place in the digital space to sell their food. All producers should have the right to be accessible and imitate, locally displaying what they produce and how much they charge. This also includes a review mechanism: if you have 50 stars out of 5 for your tomatoes, it says something about their quality, and you can charge more for good quality.

Lokale Mand is currently built on Flutter and Firebase. I would consider moving to ICP, but I have a problem. I was lucky enough to draw a 4 DNS token to register “mand.ic,” but I am not sure if I should do it or sell the token on the market because I could not get the linking right due to limitations in domain management.

We are now launching a Pilot program for the coming 3 months that will onboard the first users. I would like to know if it is worth pursuing building it on ICP. I have seen the grants, but I am not sure if my project would fit into that category. If someone can elaborate on that, feel free to ask any questions or give me tips. I am open to suggestions:

To summerise:

Th team for school needs we would appreciate any help
1x Dev that has 1H once in 2 weeks to do a scum

Personal questions for the dev/dfinity
1x Solution to the domain dilemma
1x Concept or Idea

Startup question for everyone that reads this:
Do you see potential in Lokale Mand being build on ICP

X: @dehypokriet

5 Likes

Let me get back to you once I finish my Dutch language course.

3 Likes

Only the “Case voor ICP” is in dutch the “Koepel” is in English

2 Likes

OK so lot of text. Introduction to ICp some stuff about GitLab. Looking for scrum master, makes sense. Do you have some code for the project link ?

1 Like

Yes it is a lot of text indeed, I needed to onboard my team members who where Solana Maxi’s turned ICP maxi’s now, that was also explained in the text it was a document for the team to get to know ICP.

The gitlab is on https://gitlab.fdmci.hva.nl/ so we would need to clone it and upload it on the public one, for now there is not much in the project, I had made some files so we can seamlessly develop on the gitlab the canisterconfig file:

{
  "frontend": {
    "canister_id": "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx",
    "url": "https://xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.ic0.app"
  },
  "backend": {
    "canister_id": "yyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyy",
    "url": "https://yyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyy.ic0.app"
  },
  "management": {
    "canister_id": "zzzz-zzzz-zzzz-zzzz-zzzz",
    "url": "https://zzzz-zzzz-zzzz-zzzz-zzzz.ic0.app"
  }
}

This config file contains the canister IDs and URLs for each canister, allowing developers to easily manage and interact with them.

To set up the canisterconfig.json file for the De Koepel Haarlem project, follow these steps:

1. Create a new file named canisterconfig.json in the root directory of your project.
  2. Open the file and define the JSON structure for the canisters involved in the project. For example:
{
  "booking_system": {
    "canister_id": "",
    "url": ""
  },
  "nft_manager": {
  },
  "security_manager": {
  }
}
  1. Replace the empty strings for canister_id and url with the appropriate values for each canister. The canister_id is a unique identifier for each canister, and the url is the endpoint used to interact with the canister.
  2. Save the canisterconfig.json file.
  3. In your project’s code, import the canisterconfig.json file and use the canister IDs and URLs to interact with the canisters.

Here’s an example of how to import and use the canisterconfig.json file in a JavaScript project:

const canisterConfig = require('./canisterconfig.json');

const bookingSystemCanisterId = canisterConfig.booking_system.canister_id;
const bookingSystemUrl = canisterConfig.booking_system.url;

// Use the canister ID and URL to interact with the booking system canister

By following these steps, you can set up the canisterconfig.json file and use it to manage the canisters in your project. This approach allows you to easily update canister IDs and URLs as needed, ensuring that your project remains up-to-date and functional.

Besides this there is a simple clone of the origyn github, the team has been doing the bootcamps form the file I made and soon we can start to develop, we only seek guidance how to make a plan of attack on the ICP chain, we don’t need to make the same mistakes other people already solved.

We have 2 team members who are fairly good at VUE so that is a plus. Are you interested in helping us out?

3 Likes

Pretty busy at the moment but will try and help. First things first, you need to chunk up your questions to smaller and more specific one and I am sure someone will be able to help. You can also post in the Discord in specific channels about issues you have.

1. There is no testnet/lightnode you can run. There is one instance of the replica that you can run locally for developing and testing. You can learn more about it in the setting up your dev env section.
  2. If I understand corectly you want to redirect a web2 Google Site page to a .ic domain ? If you move your frontend to the canisters deployed on IC you can link to domain names, no more need for google sites. There are examples of how to do that for main domain registrars.
    I recomend that you and the team go and take a look at Welcome to the ICP developer journey | Internet Computer and ask questions along the way.
3 Likes

Anyways to summarize :

Yes for sure. Also Welcome to the forum, community and the whole IC ecosystem all together .

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation appreciatie the effort, i will try to make separate chunks of specific questions with better details, the google sites is its a example of the broader linking problem and the domain’s situation, if you can’t adjust the txt records effectivley they are of no real use for the web2.

Yes I know about the replica, the light nodes was just a wild concept I envisioned, pushing the limits I have read that the Topology had reached its targets but still its something maybe worth considering

I thank you for welcoming me and being helpful it speaks volume of the community underneath, looking forward to a bright future.

Maybe I could ask you some questions regarding Lokale Mand later on, we will keep in touch

1 Like