QR Scan: Plug and Me Wallet only returning the address and not the amount

Our project is focused on developing a “Scan and Pay” feature on the Internet Computer blockchain, aimed at simplifying and enriching the user experience in cryptocurrency transactions.

Upon reviewing existing IC wallet mobile applications, we’ve identified that the Plug Wallet (https://plugwallet.ooo/) and the ME Wallet (https://astrox.me/) offer QR code scanning capabilities. However, these functionalities are currently limited to merely displaying the wallet address.

For a more seamless and comprehensive transaction experience, our project requires QR code scanning functionality that goes beyond showing the wallet address. Specifically, we need the capability to also interpret and automatically fill in the “amount” and “memo” fields from the scanned QR codes.

This advancement would significantly streamline the payment process, making it more efficient and user-friendly for users across the IC ecosystem.

We are looking forward to a positive response and collaboration.

2 Likes

Ah yes, both Plug and ME Wallet support sending payments to a principal using in-app QR codes.

Have you considered ICRC-22, a standardized format for payment requests including the enablement of QR codes?

IC-POS is a great example of implementing ICRC-22.

3 Likes

Hello @blockbolt Team, I believe that the feedback is that you are looking for a persistent QR code for a product. Is this correct?

Hello @jennifertran

Thank you for your reply.

We have reviewed the solution you suggested, ICRC 22 - ICRC-22: Payment request formats · Issue #22 · dfinity/ICRC · GitHub, but unfortunately, it doesn’t work for us. The recommended code creates a QR code that has several fields that are not supported by PLUG or ME wallet.

We reviewed GitHub - kristoferlund/ic-pos: Accept Bitcoin payments (ckBTC) on the Internet Computer using this simple Point of Sale (POS) application. which generates a QR code that needs to be scanned using https://nns.ic0.app/. However, we found that the QR code only works intermittently and is not supported by PLUG or ME wallet.

Additionally, the suggested solutions have a payment verification code on the wallet address, which only handles a single payment at a time. We need a solution that can verify 1000+ transactions at the same time for a single merchant using an identifier on each transaction.

We need to implement a code to manage the transactions and verifications at the Internet Computer blockchain.

Thanks

We’re looking for a Dynamic QR Code that will generate based on the customer’s cart or specific amount.

Hello @blockbolt Team, thank you for the follow-up.

1. You can generate as many QR codes as you needed with ICRC-22. It is not restricted by a specific wallet address or amount of QR codes at a given time. Can you please elaborate more on the limitation that you found?

2. Yes, ICRC-22 is currently a draft and has thus far been implemented on the NNS wallet and other projects but not all.

However, I am not entirely sure if your own implemented solution will work with Plug and Me wallets. It seems that at least for Plug, you can only scan principal-based QR codes generated by the Plug Wallet themselves.

@LukeDugdale /@mzibara Can you please confirm?

Also, I would like @LukeDugdale and @mzibara (from Plug) and @neeboo (from AstroX Me) to see when you all would integrate ICRC-22?

Hello @blockbolt @jennifertran!

Yes for now it only scans and prefills the principal in the address field. We will implement ICRC-22 in Plug mobile and keep you updated!

1 Like