Issue logging into nns

When logging in as I’ve done over last two years from iPhone (with latest updates), the nns now asks to use FaceID, I select yes which then generates “Unable to sign in. The operation cannot be completed”.

I am able to use other sign in methods such as hitting “lost access” and then using the recovery phrase but I cannot restore the functionality to use the faceID.

When I try to log in using “Use Existing → Continue with another device”the error is generated “Duplicate Passkey Credential. This passkey has already been added to your Internet Identity. Try signing in directly”.

Previously, on any login in issues, I would just add a new device (add phone again with new device name) under the anchor and then gain access.

Not sure how to resolve this current issue. I was able to set up a new internet identity anchor and login with faceID on the phone - I just cannot get the primary anchor to work.

Appreciate any help to get the phone registered again with my internet identity for trouble free login.

Hi @mateostyle

If I understand correctly, then you now have 1 passkey and 1 recovery phrase?

Apparently, WebAuthn reports back that the passkey is still usable, hence the following error:

Duplicate Passkey Credential. This passkey has already been added to your Internet Identity. Try signing in directly

So, please do the following:

1. Recover using the recovery phrase
  2. Skip adding a new passkey
  3. You should now see the account overview (i.e. a page similar to this one)
  4. Remove the existing passkey. You can do so by pressing the 3 dots next to the passkey.
    Important: Do not change / reset the recovery phrase. In this phase it will be your only means of getting access to that identity.
  5. Now add a new Passkey by pressing “Add new Passkey”
  6. Click “or add FIDO Hardware” and complete the prompt using FaceID

This process completely removes the passkey and replaces it with a newly created one, thus sidestepping the “Duplicate Passkey” error.

Hopefully, this resolves the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.

After creating my account yesterday, I chose my phone as my device for the passkey. It worked on the initial login. I proceeded to move my ICP from wallet into my NNS account.

However l, while exploring the site, my session abruptly “timedout” and closed. Ever since, I have not been able to log back into my account where I now have all of my ICPs.

When I try to connect, my phone is initiated but it doesn’t connect. I have only my identity ID, no pass phrase.

I created another passkey just to see if that resolved the issue, but to no avail.

I need help badly if anyone can guide or assist, please. I have attached the error messages.

Thanks in advance.

FYI - I am using a Samsung Android device