Bug on iPhone/iPad, Google Chrome: Your browser isn't supported

When I try to open https://identity.ic0.app using the latest version of Google Chrome on my iPhone Xs or iPad Pro 2020, I get this message “Your browser isn’t supported for Internet Identify.”

The page says that Chrome latest supposed to work on iOS mobile. I double-checked on the app store: I’m using the latest version of Google Chrome. I can use https://identity.ic0.app in Safari normally.

Same for Edge on Android which should be capable as well

The page says that Chrome latest supposed to work on iOS mobile.

If you want to use a non-Safari browser on iOS you need at least iOS 14.5, because it doesn’t make the platform authenticators available to other browsers before that.

Same for Edge on Android which should be capable as well

We’ve not tested that, so I can’t say much about that, but on Android so far it’s been either Chrome or Firefox Nightly (The non-nightly version doesn’t do platform authenticators yet).

2 Likes

Thnx. This helps. I noticed my iPhone is on iOS 14.4.2. I’ll update my OS and update here my progress also. Btw: You could make this page smarter. It would save you and most users a lot of time if the page said: You’re on iOS and Chrome. Make sure you’re using iOS 14.5 or above, and the latest version of Chrome.

1 Like

Hi, I have iOS 14.5.1 and am encountering a similar problem. I have re-downloaded and tried with the latest Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Could you please follow up and share if updating your iOS helps you to create an internet identity using your iPhone? Thanks!

1 Like

Update: Everything works smoothly & perfectly now after updating the OS on my iPhone and iPad to 14.5.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately it still doesn’t work for me. Perhaps because I have an iPhone 8+? Maybe that has something to do with it. I’ll keep troubleshooting.

1 Like

identity.ic0.app on Safari/Chrome/Firefox (also tried private/incognito modes) still not supported on my iPhone 11 Pro with IOS 4.6