Bug on iPhone/iPad, Google Chrome: Your browser isn't supported

When I try to open https://identity.ic0.app using the latest version of Google Chrome on my iPhone Xs or iPad Pro 2020, I get this message “Your browser isn’t supported for Internet Identify.”

The page says that Chrome latest supposed to work on iOS mobile. I double-checked on the app store: I’m using the latest version of Google Chrome. I can use https://identity.ic0.app in Safari normally.

Same for Edge on Android which should be capable as well

The page says that Chrome latest supposed to work on iOS mobile.

If you want to use a non-Safari browser on iOS you need at least iOS 14.5, because it doesn’t make the platform authenticators available to other browsers before that.

Same for Edge on Android which should be capable as well

We’ve not tested that, so I can’t say much about that, but on Android so far it’s been either Chrome or Firefox Nightly (The non-nightly version doesn’t do platform authenticators yet).

2 Likes

Thnx. This helps. I noticed my iPhone is on iOS 14.4.2. I’ll update my OS and update here my progress also. Btw: You could make this page smarter. It would save you and most users a lot of time if the page said: You’re on iOS and Chrome. Make sure you’re using iOS 14.5 or above, and the latest version of Chrome.

1 Like

Hi, I have iOS 14.5.1 and am encountering a similar problem. I have re-downloaded and tried with the latest Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Could you please follow up and share if updating your iOS helps you to create an internet identity using your iPhone? Thanks!

1 Like

Update: Everything works smoothly & perfectly now after updating the OS on my iPhone and iPad to 14.5.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately it still doesn’t work for me. Perhaps because I have an iPhone 8+? Maybe that has something to do with it. I’ll keep troubleshooting.

1 Like

identity.ic0.app on Safari/Chrome/Firefox (also tried private/incognito modes) still not supported on my iPhone 11 Pro with IOS 4.6

I think this issue is still present, even with iphone 13 with IOS 15.x. Did anyone find out whether there is a solution for it? It doesn’t work on Safari either…

I encountered the same issue. Latest version of iOS and chrome.

Can someone help?

Where is the team ! Are the still developing icp?

Hi there,

I want to be helpful.

A lot of the bugs mentioned here have been addressed, or functionality added, but clearly not all. For example, I have successfully used Chrome on iPhone.

Which iPhone version are you using? That can help diagnose a bit better so we can be helpful or confirm that II is not supported (after all II only works if the device supports WebAuthn).

For the future… I am not part of the Internet Identity team, but i (on their behalf) felt this was a bit antagonistic through the coldness of the internet (maybe this is me too being overly sensitive on their behalf since I know they work very hard on tricky things). I asume you most likely meant it tongue in cheek and slightly humorous (which is very common and healthy!) but I am not sure it quite hit the mark.

Do you have Face ID enabled? I ran into this problem the other day but later found out that I didn’t enable Face ID. @Alain @pattad @chaos6174

3 Likes

Thank you, this was my problem too. Simply adding a passcode (no Face ID required) to the phone fixed it. Internet Identity apparently, appropriately, requires devices to be secure if they want access. A more intuitive error message would be nice for end users’ sakes.

I am using the iOS 14.2 and I’ve been unable to use most projects on ICP even with my safari, for example on dscvr1 it doesn’t proceed beyond the blank page, I’ve been dealing with this for over a month

Can you upgrade to iOS v15 (or more recent)?

Not sure that’s your issue but I remember some users having trouble in older iOS versions depending of the platform.