Where can I see the reward in NNS's neuron?

It has a few days that I have staked my ICP into a neuron in NNS, there are also some voting action happened
The value of maturity of the neuron is increasing,
but I wanna know where I can see the reward in the neuron, or the value maturity multiply the value of staked ICP is just the reward of ICP ?

1 Like

Yes your assumption is correct, rewards are roughly STAKED_ICP*MATURITY

Will it show on another spawned neuron? Or can we increase the amount of ICP of the existing neuron?
it would be great to organise a workshop ti show live how all these operations work

1 Like

yeah, ok, thanks a lot

The Spawn Neuron is greyed out until you have reached the threshold maturity. I haven’t seen documentation from dfinity that defines the threshold maturity, but the best hypothesis I’ve see so far is that you must have earned at least 1 ICP. That logic is based on the idea that 1 ICP is the minimum required to create a new neuron. It’s entirely possible that the minimum is higher before they allow you to spawn a neuron with your voting rewards. My hope is that dfinity defines threshold maturity more clearly soon.

2 Likes

I agree. I would love to attend a workshop organized by dfinity.

At the moment, the documentation seems to indicate that the only option is to spawn a new neuron that will contain the ICP voting rewards. While it is possible to manually add more ICP to an existing neuron, this functionality is not available in the NNS app at this time. It does allow you to send ICP to an existing neuron via New Transaction by using the neuron address, but it won’t show up on the Neuron page in the NNS app until the governance canister is notified. The can currently be accomplished by dfinity support or by running command line code on your computer. There are a couple of other threads in this forum that provide more clarity.

2 Likes

You’re correct, the requirement is simply generating the minimum ICP needed to create a new neuron.

2 Likes

I was just looking for the same information and found this post here.
Why not add a value of earned ICP into the NNS site? Once you find the information that the rewarded ICP from voting is Maturity*staked ICP, it’s simple and logical. But it’s not very intuitive when you just go to the NNS website, as there is also no explanation about this there.
Would it be possible to add the actual ICP rewards on the NNS site or at least the formula to calculate yourself?

1 Like