Upcoming EMC(EdgeMatrix Computing) SNS Decentralization Sale

jwarner can investigate, I can cooperate or not, but please speak properly, do not be shady

I don’t know him, if he wants to gain my respect, please respect me first, don’t tell me it’s a cultural difference, I believe respect is mutual

1 Like

In my philosophy, respect cannot be demanded. It must be earned.

However the issue here is fundamentally different. I think that you feel that jwarner might have insulted you. I don’t think that that was his intent. But, oh well.

The only reason that i am engaging in extending this topic is because i feel that while your team might have something of value to offer to this community, you are not endearing yourself to this community by the choice of your words. You can choose to use different words to convey the same underlying meaning; without making it personal.

1 Like

Maybe I was emotional and sensitive

Cool.

Fyi I did go over part of an AMA (at least the part of it which was in English). It does sound interesting…“scavenger of GPU power” , i think , is the way Alex put it. I will translate Chinese sections into English at some point to get a more complete picture

1 Like

Language can be a barrier, but we entering Web3 is to foster global collaboration within a trust network built on code. That’s what I think of ICP (World Computer)

You can read EMC-related articles and AMA content on Mora at: [Mora - Eternal Fellowship]

As a Chinese builder, I believe Web3 is borderless and built by the community from different nations.

By joining ICP, EMC can contribute our influence and developers in the Asia-Pacific community through the ICP Asia-Pacific Alliance.

Just stay tuned for EMC’s AI demos and applications.

2 Likes

Cool! Thanks for utilizing the EMC API and creating an interesting example.

Currently, we are working hard to develop a frontend demo that will be accessible to more users and community members.

Additionally, the Stable Diffusion project, which has a user base of over a hundred thousand, has successfully run the EMC computational model and is ready to be deployed on even more powerful computing nodes, such as 50 GeForce RTX 3090 GPU cards.

2 Likes

I’m bullish on EMC, but it’s worth noting that you mentioned 8yearsgang, there are some people in that group who say things with perverse intentions. I don’t understand why you mention that group here, which, with all due respect, is only offensive to the majority of the country because of those people

My name is Malcolm, co-founder of ITOKA. We were one of the pioneers in building AI projects on the ICP as early as 2022.(I believe we are older than ICircle in proposing the AIGC concept for NFT). Having been deeply involved in the IC community for years and engaged with the community, I would like to share my perspective as a machine learning algorithm developer who is a true user of EMC

I first learned about EMC’s integration with ICP in March-April through Herbert’s Twitter post. Initially, the concept of an L2 solution on ICP didn’t immediately catch my attention. Like many others, I believed IC was primarily designed for computation, and I couldn’t understand what a dummy is building a layer-2 to slightly boost a 200mph Lambo to 201 :rofl:. However, when I discovered the purpose of EMC, it immediately piqued my interest, and I couldn’t wait to learn more about the team behind it. What they were doing aligned perfectly with my own aspirations. Having previously mined Ether using GPUs, which are also used for machine learning training, I wondered if we could leverage Ether miners to train AI models and reward them with tokens. Such an approach would benefit both the crypto and AI communities. Unfortunately, due to my limited knowledge of hardware, I wasn’t sure where to start, so I focused my efforts on algorithm development.

In late 2022, when Ethereum 2.0 transitioned to PoS, many miners faced difficulties as the network no longer required extensive GPU resources. Around the same time, ChatGPT emerged and showcased the power of using hundreds of Nvidia A100 GPUs to fuel smart AI applications. The discussion within the crypto space grew increasingly intense, with some individuals abandoning their careers in favor of AI to chase the GPT hype. However, those of us who were already involved in both AI and blockchain quickly realized that merging the two technologies could create a trillion-dollar business opportunity. What was once an aspiration had now become an urgent necessity.

During ETHDenver, I had the opportunity to meet Jan, the CTO of Dfinity, and share my idea about the potential of on-chain AI. I proposed the idea of leveraging GPUs to support parallel computation for AI on ICP and post a new consensus mechanism to replace number guessing in forum. Jan encouraged me to give it a try, and I eagerly embraced the challenge. However, as a machine learning engineer, designing a distributed computation network was daunting due to my limited hardware expertise (again).

In summary, building an on-chain AI infrastructure is tremendously challenging and requires individuals with a deep understanding of machine learning systems, distributed computation, blockchain consensus, and a strong drive to achieve this objective. After speaking with Zed, I am confident that his team possesses these qualities and that EMC will effectively address the challenges I have raised.

Zed is an experienced engineer who has developed large-scale applications for enterprises for over a decade. When I shared my concerns about niche aspects of AI, such as how EMC covers inference versus training, he quickly grasped the essence of my concerns and explained them to me clearly. This solidified my belief that EMC, under his leadership, would be a game-changer in addressing these challenges.

Our team is overwhelmed to develop our own music AI algorithm, but I am eagerly awaiting the opportunity to test EMC’s testnet and run ITOKA’s AI on their network. The ability to make our AI fully on-chain while reducing costs compared to services like AWS is incredibly exciting. Although I am not an investor and cannot assess the potential for a project’s financial success, I will be deeply disappointed if EMC fails. I look forward to witnessing the success of this project.

15 Likes

Hello, I would like to say that the individuals who offended you only represent themselves, not the values of 8YearGangDAO. I hope you won’t stigmatize 8YearGangDAO. We have been making positive contributions to the IC ecosystem for over two years, and I would like to invite you to learn about the story of 8YearGangDAO, thank you

3 Likes

thank you MCL, I sincerely hope EMC can focus on the development, I will not spend time to reply to the community content for the time being. Code is law, there are dozens of project parties waiting for EMC’s computing power. At the same time, I hope ITOKA can be transferred to EMC ASAP.

3 Likes

@icper I was quoting @MillionMiles , who is a leader of an IC community called 8yeargangDAO, because he said something that is worth quoting. Did that offend you or what?

Which era are we living now? Back to McCarthyism? That’s a new low.

1 Like

This project has some real ICO 2017 vibes, and not the good performing ones - Elastos, Quarkchain, etc.

Good luck doing it again in 2023 and 2024.

Unless your goal is to tank ICP price further below - this is the best way to do it.

2 Likes

https://chatbox.fun/#/chat/home?subject=0x9c218b73786bcc6cbb217042898cfa519a8562c7bbc806f9bfe4f75359596e8a&nickname=EMC_Tech_Global
if u wish

1 Like

I can understand the position of community leaders who are involved in the due diligence of projects, and I appreciate your contributions, but I would like to propose a perspective:

Ethereum’s huge success lies in the invention of ICO, and we know that ICO has also led to a large number of scams. However, it cannot be denied that there will be a lot of bubbles in the early stages of innovation. I dare to bet that if Ethereum’s ICO had to go through due diligence before it could be released, Ethereum would definitely not have succeeded in that year.

Therefore, my view is that SNS should not go to the other extreme. Setting the threshold for SNS very high is not only disadvantageous for the development of IC’s ecosystem, but it may also be a stumbling block that hinders SNS from being widely adopted.

The IC ecosystem is currently too small, not too big. With the requirement for thorough community DD reviews before entry, frankly speaking, given the current competitive state of IC in the industry, it is impossible to achieve substantial growth through the existing SNS mechanism.

3 Likes

For such a good project, the foundation has approved it. I have come to ic to develop mutual achievements. I don’t think there is any reason to object. I support it with both hands and feet. Stud is fine. Please speed up the sns proposal.…

3 Likes

The threshold for an SNS is not high. Anyone can launch one on an application subnet by configuring and deploying the WASMS. The bar for SNS that request Community Funds likely should be very very high and include a working product in production, demand from the community to decentralized, audited and/or easily reviewable open source code, Doxed team members, and a clear road map of how funds will be used.

If you don’t have these things and you still want an ‘official’ SNS, you can always set your community fund allocation to 0. Community members wanting to invest will still grill you on your valuation, but at least they won’t suspect you of a money grab from the CF. My suspicion is that the juice is not worth the squeeze if you aren’t getting community funds and/or have a community-demand-driven valuation.

10 Likes

Dear EMC Team,

I wanted to express my gratitude for your efforts in launching SNS. I firmly believe in the ability of any team to launch SNS, and I commend you for taking up the task.

I understand there might be moments of frustration when the community accuses you of fraud, but I encourage you not to let such unfounded allegations detract you from your mission. Always remember to focus on your goals and disregard any baseless FUD.

Keep in mind that Dfinity might request an audit as they have made it clear that they expect projects to conduct code audits prior to launching SNS. Given your status as an L2, it’s more likely that your auditing requirements may exceed ours.

I do not concur with many of the assertions made in this context. There’s no obligation for you to keep community funding at zero, nor is there any need for apprehension about having a proof of concept (POC). It’s important for the ICP community to welcome projects that aren’t solely funded by the foundation.

As for the guidelines put forth by Dominic Williams, I believe these can be overlooked. The evidence of their lack of value is clear in the support for a project with zero revenue and perhaps fewer than 100 users. I am confident that even without immediate traction, your project will thrive.

7 Likes

Thanks very much! We are currently establishing the IMN (International Media Nodes) program. Once you have completed the translation, please feel free to share and contact me. As a token of appreciation, the IMN program will provide you with EMC Bounty.

3 Likes

Thanks Malcolm. Being a startup is tough, especially in the speculative world of Web3 where it’s even harder to do something meaningful.

I love the vision that Web3 and DAOs have given us, but sometimes I get frustrated with all the inferior projects overshadowing the good ones.

I used to work on recommendation algorithms in Web2, and I despise how big Web2 gigantic companies exploit user data and keep users hooked with precise recommendations.

Data and algorithms should empower people to be more creative. That’s where AI and Web3 come in.

I believe EMC and Itoka are just getting started. The future should be allowing users to participate in AI creation through DAOs and ensuring fair value distribution.

I think SNS gives every ICP developer a fair and open opportunity to start something amazing, unleashing their boundless creativity through DAOs.

6 Likes