EMC (ICP L2) AI computing Testnet Launching! Nodes whitelist recruitment overfunding collection!

Yesterday we launched the first round of computing power node recruitment on Twitter

Thanks all for your enthusiasm! As of now, we have received registrations from over 100 providers for the computing power nodes. We are planning to increase the number to 150 so that early contributors can participate in the testing phase. We will gather and finalize the information and process of the participants in the next two days and announce it on Twitter, Telegram, Discord, and the ICP Forum.

Looking forward to everyone’s participation :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Maybe if you would list some clear minimal hardware requirements instead of just asking for location and device type and number of them, more people would consider helping with the testnet. For LLM you need plenty of recent hardware and decent bandwidth. Missed the AMA, read the TL;DR but didn’t find any specific hardware and bandwidth related info. Sounds exciting so far but also very challenging as far as I can tell. Keep us updated.

I think it is a very interesting product and I have two questions.

• What is the difference between EMC and similar distributed computing products like Golem or Render Network(RNDR)?

• It seems to me that the collaboration between EMC and ICP is limited to payment and the ability to execute DAOs via social networking. Is there any possibility of enhanced collaboration in the future that would be appropriate for Layer2, which uses ICP’s computing power and blockchain?

6 Likes

It’s great to hear that there has been such a strong response to the project​:+1::+1:

2 Likes

here are some minum requirement : Get Start - WhitePaper of EMC

1 Like

1.Golem is a decentralized marketplace for computing power, while RNDR focuses on 3D rendering. These projects seem to be about computing power. EMC’s decentralized computing protocol focuses more on scheduling node computing power to complete AI tasks, primarily in the areas of AGI and AIGC applications. Providers of computing power participate through mining and receive rewards through POC (Proof of Computing), which is more similar to Bitcoin’s POW mechanism. However, the computing power is used for the verification process that generates actual value, which balances fairness and practicality to some extent. EMC also provides a computing power marketplace where miners can sell their computing power packaged as an RWA product, which can be sold not only to Web3 users but also to Web2 users (through fiat payment), allowing miners to earn income beyond rewards. EMC’s nodes not only provide computing power but also offer various AIGC and AGI application images, which greatly improve the efficiency of developers and save time and cost in deployment and operation. For more detailed information, it is recommended to read the whitepaper: From The Origin - WhitePaper of EMC.

2 Likes
  1. In addition, the entire economic protocol of EMC is built on the ICRC-1 protocol, which means that the mining mechanism and computing power market need to be completed through ICP contracts. We have been communicating with the ICP Foundation to strengthen our cooperation, such as participating in EMC verification through IC subnet verification nodes and deploying EMC services on canisters. Although ICP nodes do not have GPUs, they can still use CPU and storage resources more effectively. These communications are further progressing and require more assistance from the ICP development department and the opening of more customization interfaces to be completed. EMC is a layer2 of ICP, and we of course hope to help expand the ICP ecosystem and obtain recognition and assistance from the developer community.
5 Likes

EMC utilizes a P2P network where each node forms a multi-layer topology. Tasks can be dispatched through edge nodes as long as one node is connected. EMC employs intelligent routing algorithms to find the most suitable path and allocate tasks to the corresponding nodes, achieving comprehensive network-wide computing power scheduling. Each layer of the network is lightweight, unlike Ethereum, which requires full network record-keeping and is slow and costly in terms of gas fees. ICP brings security and decentralization advantages to EMC. With a decentralized Layer1 network consisting of over 600 nodes and more than 30 subnets, ICP can provide consensus support for EMC developers. More details are here: Mora - Eternal Fellowship

Hey I really like the project. Can you direct me where I can read about actual implementation of Proof of Computing? I’m really interested in how you have solved the issue of bad actors. In AI computation any given computation can be done only once (as it is expensive) so how do we make sure, that it was actually done?

1 Like

AI training or pre-training after a certain arithmetic results, are uncertain, or even random, can not do the traditional blockchain ibft consensus or any other mode of consensus, so our way is only consensus to verify the identity of both sides of each caller and the arithmetic provider, as well as verification records arithmetic interface to return the content of the hash, and then recorded to the block to ensure that the results recorded can not be tampered with, as a future dispute between the two sides of the interface return validity, quality, etc. when the notary.

The POC algorithm is doing final environment testing and we will commit to github soon.

1 Like

Thanks!, In what language are you writing?

Have you considered some kind of reputation mechanism, for the nodes that share computation power?