Unable to login my Internet Identity Anchor to NNS dapps

I have the same issue with failed authentication

The issue has been resolved (see thread The impossible has happened - #21 by nmattia). It should be good now

4 Likes

For the past 2 weeks i have tried to login to my account after i cleared my data but all i keep getting is this “invalid data” i have sent email to support but still no one is able to tell me what i need to do to recover my account please someone should help.

Can you please send me a DM with your support ticket number and I can look into this specific ticket. Thank you

You mean your DM here?

No, i sent you a dm.

What exactly did I need to do to recover my dscvr account? I have followed all the steps giving to me but still I keep getting this “invalid data” (it looks like you were sent here for authentication, but no service requested authentication). This is the respond I always get.

Have you updated to the latest version of chrome and android OS? Have you tried recovering your account using a different device? Do you have your full recovery phrase? Can you please clarify what exactly you were doing prior to seeing this notification?

Ang this is an ancient thread but am hoping my questions will still reach you.
I created an Anchor on my Samsung Android phone and at the time of creating it I had only the seed phrase. I don’t have a physical device like a Yubikey not have I ever ventured into Bio authentication (pre-internet brain here). I sent my ICP tokens to my ICP wallet but am getting a bit nervous about what would happen if I lost my phone somehow: would I still be able to access my wallet? Would the seed phrase be enough?
Second (!) I have just created a new Anchor on my laptop. Because it is the phone of my original anchor I was hoping that my wallet from my phone would appear, but of course it hasn’t. In order to accessing my wallet that is via my phone on the laptop, do I have to buy a Yubikey or other hardware device?
I hope the above (muddle!) is clear enough. I’d be v grateful for any help you or anyone could give. I have even been contemplating just sending my tokens back to Binance out of concern I will lose access to my wallet.

If you have a recovery phrase you should be able to recover the account in the event you lost your phone.

Does your laptop have biometric authentication or windows hello? If it does then you would not need to buy a yubikey or external security key in order to authorized your laptop in order to access the same anchor and wallet currently tied to your phones.

Set up internet identity with phone now only way to access is with passphrase. It wont ask for fingerprint or usb or anything. If you want to be accepted as anything but a scam you need to provide better usability and support. Where is the documentation/tutorials etc.
I have a brand new device with fingerprint and face recognition HOW DO I USE IT ON THE INTERNET COMPUTER ???

1 Like

There is documentation and help center available here to assist with creating a new internet identity. If you need additional support you can also send an email to support@dfinity.org: https://identitysupport.dfinity.org/

I have the same problem on my new phone can’t login without usb or passkey still have old phone but this is a concern as i locked in desolving the full 8 years so this makes me anxious i won’t be able to login on some future device.
Please advise?

Have you added your new device to your II yet? You can do this as follows:

• using your old device, go to the II frontend and select your II number
  • once you see the management interface, choose “add new passkey” and follow the flow described there

That flow will enroll your new device as a second authorized device to your II, and after this step, you can use either device to access the NNS front-end dapp to manage your neurons (or actually any other dapp you use with II).

I suggest you also setup a recovery mechanism; either a recovery phrase, or if you happen to have a Ledger Nano, you can also install the FIDO U2F app on there and use it as a recovery device.

1 Like