Proposal to include cycle_dao & ICDevs as default follow-target neurons to the NNS

This is an interesting question! Work on motoko continued at a good club behind a bit of a curtain right up until May when the IC launched. I know I had a bit of an expectation of more robust base libraries being available. It is still really hard to do some basic things in motoko. It was part of the drive to create an org like ICDevs.

That is a great domain name! We have a open bounty to add content to https://tutorials.ICDevs.org. User @efe is currently assigned to the bounty but there is no reason anyone can’t create a pull request with some tutorials beyond the basic scope in the bounty: Open: ICDevs.org Bounty 1 - Basic Tutorial and Site

If it is just a small tribe that wants a big say based on the fact that they currently have the technical ‘knowledge’ …I do bunderstand why that might not be trusted. Nothing personal. Seems fairly pratical.

It seems a bit of a chicken or egg problem. In a young community who gets the trust and how do you build it? On the IC, today it seems that is right place right time + disposable income. You have to start somewhere, but to claim that the “trust” up and down the line on the NNS is based on something but financial ability + luck would be a hard case to make. That is the trustless nature of the system. The community can trust that these folks behind the curtain have the systems best interests at heart because they are locked up for 8 years. It doesn’t mean they are right or will make the right choice and the liquid democracy component is there to diffuse some of that responsibility responsibly by delegating votes to experts. I’d argue that one of the axis of expertise that people would want available to them is technical expertise.

1 Like