New Node Provider Proposals

Hello IC people,

Icaria Systems is a new Australian company created specifically to be an IC Node Provider in our region. Our intention is to become a significant provider of node machine infrastructure using Tier 3&4 rated data centres across Australia and New Zealand. We will start with a deployment of 10+ replica nodes in the city of Melbourne, Victoria.

Once established we would also be ready to deploy the upcoming API-boundary nodes and HTTP Gateway service nodes to support access to the IC infrastructure network across the Oceania region.

We have over two decades of commercial experience with building and running virtualised x86 Linux server clusters, co-located at data centres in Sydney and Melbourne. There are many high quality data centre colocation options in Australia; we are currently talking with NEXTDC who an independent Australian public company with Tier3+4 data centres across Australia and they utilise undersea cable links to New Zealand, Singapore, San Jose and (via Guam) to Hong Kong and Tokyo for global interconnects.

My discovery of the Internet Computer project was mid last year via many podcasts. Dom’s article in October “Let’s Grow the Internet Computer Network” sounded to me like a call-to-arms to build a small part of this great collective project. Icaria Systems was created to become one of the many node providers upon which the Internet Computer will be built.

So without further a-do, I have submitted this Node Provider Proposal: 119823 and I ask for your vote.

Proposals to add node operator and data centre records will be submitted as soon as colocation agreements have been signed.

With the kind assistance of @SvenF a Node Provider Self-Declaration wiki page including Proof of Identity and Company information has been made available for IC community members to read here: Icaria Systems Pty Ltd

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have either here or @icarus_icp (twitter).

Icarus

15 Likes

Dear community,

I just submitted Proposal: 120149 - IC Dashboard for Exaion to become a node provider for the Internet Computer. Our identity can be verified on Exaion - Internet Computer Wiki .

Exaion is the the Web3 Subsidiary of EDF, biggest european electricity supplier and producer. We built our infrastructure for Web3 purposes, as protocol validation and RPC nodes hosting. We will start to deploy up to 15 nodes in Normandie, France and will then deploy RPC nodes in South America, Africa and Oceania.

A big thanks too @SvenF for all the support.

I will be happy to answer any of your questions here, looking forward for your support!

Simon Thomas - Exaion

9 Likes

Hi Guys
It’s super nice to see ICP grow big. I stumbled upon it back in 2021 but for some reason, I was not able to invest. And again I did stumble upon it a few days ago. It must have been a journey for everyone! I want to invest a significant amount in being a node provider in Southeast Asia as there is less. I have access to a Tier 3 certified data center with colocation. The plan is to implement a single node first and grow to 5 by the end of the year. I would love to hear any thoughts before I put a lot of my savings on this. I believe in ICP creating the next generation of the internet.
Cheers
Malith

6 Likes

Go for it. $ICP will need many node providers to succeed.

4 Likes

Employee monitoring tools for business

1 Like

This is a proposal to become a node provider on Internet Computer.
Company Name: wancloud limited
Company Location: HongKong
Intended Number of Nodes to be provided: 4

Proof of Company Registration: go to https://www.icris.cr.gov.hk/csci/ and search “wancloud limited” in keywords for the official company registration documents.

Self Declaration signed: File:Wancloud limited Node Provider Self Declaration.pdf

Summary of application materials: User:James Wang - Internet Computer Wiki

To provide more decentralization to the network, we propose becoming a node provider on the IC network.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I have just submitted a proposal to add a new datacenter in Brno, Czech Republic, in MasterDC, with which I have long-term good experience: Proposal: 122346 - IC Dashboard

The aim is to validate my setup before starting off with the Thailand project. Central and Eastern Europe is not well covered by IC nodes currently, and the NIX backbone network has excellent peering with networks in Germany, Austria, Slovakia and Poland.

3 Likes

The detailed location of the node machine: 19 Chun Wang St, Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate, Hong Kong

2 Likes

Dear all,
Wancloud Limited has submitted an NNS proposal to become a Node Provider, following the new NP onboarding process, see Proposal: 122357 - IC Dashboard
We hope that everyone actively votes for us to become a Node Provider. We will do our best to promote the development of the Dfinity ecosystem.

2 Likes

I am Mukta Dadariya, CEO of Marvelous Web3, an experienced node provider on various blockchains. We are deeply inspired by the ICP’s vision for a decentralized internet and are eager to contribute to this revolutionary endeavor.

We propose to establish 12 nodes in India, our country of origin, which is blossoming into a significant player in the blockchain landscape. Further, we also propose to set up 2 nodes in Canada, where our company is now registered, to expand ICP’s reach in this technologically advanced nation.

Our team is equipped with the necessary skills and resources to ensure the seamless operation and security of these nodes. We are excited about this potential collaboration and believe our participation would be mutually beneficial.

Thank you for considering our proposal. We look forward to the opportunity to contribute to the ICP ecosystem.

Here is the proposal link: Proposal: 122511 - IC Dashboard

3 Likes

Hi All,

My name is Ernst Wohlitz, I learned about Dfinity and the Internet Computer in 2021 and found the concept and idea fascinating.

I strongly believe in the long-term viability of the internet computer utilizing blockchain and consequently I invested in ICP during the Genesis launch in 2021. I staked my Neurons and enjoy following developments on the R&D sessions and other forums.

I spent quite a bit of time investigating how to become a node provider and would like to become a node provider in South Africa. Based on my research I would like to submit a proposal for 12 Nodes based on the generation 2 specs. I investigated a data center very close to my office in Midrand (Africa Data Centre – Samrand DC), which I believe to be suitable. They are a certified level 4 data center.

I included the official disclosure reports as well as my self declaration in the node proposal. See link to proposal below.

Thanks to @SvenF for the support and guidance.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Ernst

4 Likes

Hi everybody !

After been accepted as a Node provider, we just submitted the Proposal: 122558 - IC Dashboard. Being part of EDF, we cannot put the exact location of our Data centers because of security reasons. We therefore put a geographical area next to our Data Centers. looking forward on running our first nodes.

4 Likes

I like that, it feels little bit Mission Impossible. Now you just need to convince the IC dashboard devs to add a hover box for your data centre records with a green teletype scroller sayin’ “exact location: UNKNOWN”
:wink:

2 Likes

Hi all,
MarvelousWeb3 who is currently a NP has submitted a new proposal to update the Node Provider name in the dashboard (see Proposal: 122628 - IC Dashboard) as the Node Provider name was not visible. Upon investigating this proved to be an error in the dashboard which already has been corrected. The name is now visible in the dashboard (Node Provider: Marvelous Web3 - IC Dashboard).

As NP names cannot be updated yet via an NNS proposal, proposal 122628 cannot be executed once it is voted in, and since the error has already been corrected in the dashboard I want to inform that proposal 122628 will be rejected for this reason.

1 Like

I would like to express my sincere thanks to @SvenF for invaluable efforts in debugging the issue and support provided.

2 Likes

Hi there!
I am Malith Hatannachchige, the CEO of Geodd. I would like to ask for your vote on my Proposal: 122772 - IC Dashboard to become a node provider in Colombo, Sri Lanka.

I am deeply fascinated by the immense potential of blockchain technology and the
decentralization movement it represents, and excited to be a part of it. The IC's sustainable and
well-planned architecture exemplifies decentralization done right. I hope to contribute to this
transformation by putting Colombo, Sri Lanka on the map of IC's node provider community
while expanding the geographical reach of the IC ecosystem. We are determined to play a
significant role in shaping a more decentralized future, especially from the vibrant and dynamic Asia region.

Looking ahead, once our first node is deployed, our goal is to expand our contribution further.
We are committed to adding a minimum of 10 additional nodes. To make this happen we have
chosen the best Tier-3 data center and the best ISP in the country as service providers. Below
is a video of the data centre.

We would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to Sven Fischer and the wonderful members of
the ICP Community who have been supportive and responsive in answering our questions. Your
guidance and assistance have been invaluable throughout this process.

Thank you for your time and consideration. We cannot wait to embark on this journey together,
excitedly waiting for your acceptance!

Our website: www.geodd.io
Self Declaration: Geodd Pvt Ltd - Internet Computer Wiki
Identity verification(hosted in official website of the Department of the Registrar of Companies in
Sri Lanka) :
https://docverify.drc.gov.lk/admin/access_token=60087369d6836eff0cd291afa3b90925/type=cc

Link to the proposal: Proposal: 122772 - IC Dashboard

10 Likes

Dear All,

I am the owner of Aspire Properties, LLC located in Birmingham, AL. We are primarily a property investment company, however, we also specialize in home automation and have extensive experience with server technology.

I have submitted the following proposal:

Add Node Provider: Proposal: 122990 - IC Dashboard

Our plan is to provide multiple, Gen2 nodes locally at a new state of the art, Tier-3 Data Center, DC BLOX (Welcome to BHM1 on Vimeo), standby for data center proposal.

My self-declaration documents and proof of identity are available at Aspire Properties - Internet Computer Wiki

I am confident in the future of ICP and very excited for this opportunity.

Very Respectfully,

Brian Arnold

9 Likes

Hi all,
Unfortunately in the NP proposal from @BrianA the hash on the self-declaration document is missing, so the current proposal ( Proposal: 122990 - IC Dashboard ) cannot be voted in. I am supporting Brian in resubmitting the proposal with the full hash in the next few days,
Best, Sven

Hello SvenF,

I would like to introduce myself briefly. First up i hope you don’t find out too much about me on the web as I try to be conscious of the breadcrumbs I leave behind in my engagement with the web.

I have been involved in IT for many years and am interested in becoming a Node provider. I have a small software development company in Australia called Anypoint Pty Ltd. I have a solid foundation in many areas of the industry and although an “old Codger” I enjoy reinventing my skill set as new technology emerges.

I look forward to learning more about this technology.

Kind regards,

Greg Searle

4 Likes

I have resubmitted my proposal under Proposal: 123020 - IC Dashboard.

Brian

1 Like