New Node Provider Proposals

Hi @SvenF, I think it would be a good idea to have a dashboard for all the information related to Node Provider owners. The community is supposed to verify the KYC info but to my knowledge there’s not a place where one can find all the info.

What happens if a node provider signs up and then sells their ownership to someone else? We need to have periodic KYC check ins, some checks and balances, and some additional transparency.

11 Likes

@dfisher, that’s a great idea yes. I will bring this up as a proposal in our feature planning.

1 Like

Hi all, just to add to the post of @Anonstake: note that if you click on the self-declaration link in the proposal on the internet computer dashboard, the final “.” is not picked up. The full link to the self-declaration is at https://wiki.internetcomputer.org/wiki/Zaboo_d.o.o. including the final “.”

Thank you.

And then, for NPs themselves it would be great if there were some kind of login tool to view the health of the servers. To the extent something went wrong, it could show on the dashboard. You could even enable email alerts so folks could be notified.

Right now I am reliant on Dfinity to tell me when there are issues with my nodes… I’m wondering if there is a future world where this could work without Dfinity’s involvement

2 Likes

Hi @dfisher, I know there is such a thing underway. Currently, for our nodes we use our own notification tool, based on IC dashboard API. You can find it here: Node Monitor by aviate labs

6 Likes

Hi @dfisher , to add to @roald-av8 's message: that’s indeed a feature that is underway. More info to follow later.

2 Likes

Amazing glad to hear it !

2 Likes

Dear all,

Zondax would now like to proceed with a proposal to register 2 datacenters as zh8 and zh9 in Zurich, Switzerland, Europe.

We have submitted our self-declaration document for the Data Centers run by Green. At Zondax AG - Internet Computer Wiki and with SHA-256 hash
3aaadcf5fdf84c71c2f13e49a3e3b6512e71abb5d118b43eb5fe2e421767d5b5, in line with the announcement and discussion at New Node Provider Proposals - #19 by @SvenF.
We have submitted the following proposals:

Add node provider: Proposal: 112706 - IC Dashboard
Add datacenter zh8:Proposal: 112963 - IC Dashboard
Add datacenter zh9:Proposal: 112964 - IC Dashboard

We plan to install 2 nodes at zh8. We have also registered zh9 as we plan to use this DC in the near future.

We are leaders in research and development in the blockchain space and work for more than 50 of the top-100 blockchain projects. We build solutions to make the blockchain ecosystem more secure. Our team is 100% remote and distributed globally. We already operate on-prem infrastructure and are experienced in both cloud and DC operations.

With respect to ICP, our team has developed and maintains the Ledger Nano app that is used by the community. Moreover, we are currently contributing and providing feedback on the node onboarding process, hoping this will help the overall community.

We plan to run our nodes collocated into Tier3 or Tier4 DCs. In the first stage, we plan to use a couple of privately-owned datacenters (Green) where we already host our infra. We will inform the community about other DCs as we expand into other countries.

The first step is to run TWO Gen2 nodes at zh8 in order to ensure optimal provisioning and tooling on our side. Later on, the plan is to expand into other countries that will contribute to better coverage and distribution.

We hope everyone will adopt this proposal and we look forward to any feedback from you in the meantime

9 Likes

Wow glad to see you guys are becoming a node providers.

When will the ledger device support SNS tokens?

Hi @dfisher thank you, we’re really happy to keep contributing more into IC community. As per SNS support we have already developed this and it was reviewed by Ledger Support for SNS, NNS and ICRC by ftheirs · Pull Request #16 · LedgerHQ/app-icp · GitHub

1 Like

Dear all, just a quick note that the Node Proposal proposal for Zondax ( Proposal: 112706 - IC Dashboard ) has been approved as well as the DC proposal for zh9 Proposal: 112964 - IC Dashboard ). The proposal for zh8 Proposal: 112963 - IC Dashboard ) has been rejected as the zh8 Data Center in Zurich is the same as the current zh5 Data Center in Zurich, so a new proposal will be submitted by Zondax to link their new nodes to the zh5 Data Center. Will keep you informed when this proposal is submitted.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

based on the feedback from @SvenF we (Zondax) have just published a new proposal in zh5

3 Likes

Dear all,

My name is Karel Frank and I would like to proceed with the process to register as a Node Provider. I will start with 6 nodes in South Africa, 6 nodes in Australia and 6 nodes in New Zealand. I am an independent individual and had been supporting the project since 2017. I want to see IC nodes all over the world, and it would be a privilege to be the first node provider in the southern hemisphere.

I have submitted Proposal: 115658 to add my NODE_PROVIDER_PRINCIPAL as node provider. Proposals to add the specific data centres that I will use will be submitted in the near future.

My self-declaration documents are available at Karel Frank - Internet Computer Wiki

Special thanks to @SvenF for support and guidance through this process and for reviewing the draft Node Provider Proposals.

Please let me know if there are any questions and I am looking forward to your voting support to adopt this proposal.

Karel Frank

11 Likes

This is a proposal to become a node provider on Internet Computer.
Company Name: Pindar Technology Limited
Company Location: HongKong
Intended Number of Nodes to be provided: 8

Proof of Company Registration: go to Pindar Technology Limited and search “Pindar Technology” in keywords for the official company registration documents.

To provide more decentralization to the network, we propose becoming a node provider on the IC network.

3 Likes

Thanks @MillionMiles for this information.

All, this refers to the proposal Proposal: 116679 - IC Dashboard that is open for voting. It replaces the previous proposal (Proposal: 116444 - IC Dashboard) that did not include the link to the self-declaration that is published on the Internet Computer wiki.

2 Likes

Hi Sven,

Is the current plan still to get the nodes in subnets (~560) to equal the total nodes (~1,000) by the end of the year?

Hi @dfisher, the plan is to slowly increase the number of subnets in parallel to the growth of the use of the IC. There would still be nodes needed to replace existing nodes in a subnet when a node is in maintenance of unhealthy, but that would be a lower percentage.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

My name is Lukas Helebrandt and I have just submitted Proposal: 119112 - IC Dashboard to become a Node Provider.

My self-declaration document and company registration document, together with a link to the chamber of commerce website where the identity can be verified, are on Lukas Helebrandt - Internet Computer Wiki . sha256 hashes of the pdf files are included in the proposal.

My company is registered in Austria, but I have spent the last 12 years mostly in China and Thailand in various DevOps and SRE roles. I’ve been watching the Internet Computer for quite a while, and the call to expand the nodes network in Asia has resonated with me. I plan to start with several nodes in Thailand, and then either increase the number of nodes there, or continue with more nodes in Taiwan, South Korea, the Philippines. Proposals to add data centers will follow.

Just like above, big thanks to @SvenF for reviewing the draft Node Provider Proposals.

Any questions can be answered here. I am looking forward to your voting support to adopt this proposal, and can’t wait to have the first canisters running!

Lukas Helebrandt

11 Likes

If we register a Hong Kong node, do we have to use a Hong Kong company for Self-declaration?

Hi @TonyF, thanks for your question! You do not need a Hong Kong company, but you do require an entity with a self-declaration that the community can validate.

3 Likes