Proposal to become a Node Provider Rivram Inc

This is a proposal to become a node provider on Internet Computer.
Company Name: Rivram Inc.
Company Location: Ottawa, Canada
Intended Number of Nodes to be provided: 2

Company registry records in the Canadian federal registry: https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/CorporationsCanada/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=12784424

Open Corporate record: https://opencorporates.com/companies/ca/12784424

To provide more decentralization to the network, we propose becoming a node provider on the IC network.

2 Likes

I am trying to create a proposal, but getting this error. Can someone help me here ?

ļ…¹ ī‚± ļ¼  ~/codeRepos/nodeProviderIcp ī‚° ./ic-admin \                                                                                ī‚² āœ” ī‚³ at 08:32:05 pm ļ€—
        --nns-url https://nns.ic0.app \
        -s ~/.config/dfx/identity/node-provider-hotkey/identity.pem \
    propose-to-add-or-remove-node-provider add \
        --proposer $NEURON_ID \
        --proposal-title "Register a node provider '${NODE_PROVIDER_NAME}'" \
        --summary "Register a node provider '${NODE_PROVIDER_NAME}', in line with the announcement and discussion at https://forum.dfinity.org/t/proposal-to-become-a-node-provider-rivram-inc/16550" \
        --node-provider-pid "$NODE_PROVIDER_PRINCIPAL"
submit_proposal payload:
AddOrRemoveNodeProvider {
    change: Some(
        ToAdd(
            NodeProvider {
                id: Some(
                    ulyfm-vkxtj-o42dg-e4nam-l4tzf-37wci-ggntw-4ma7y-d267g-ywxi6-iae,
                ),
                reward_account: None,
            },
        ),
    ),
}
FIX ME! opt table2 <: opt variant {
  Error : record { error_message : text; error_type : int32 };
  Spawn : record { created_neuron_id : opt record { id : nat64 } };
  Split : record { created_neuron_id : opt record { id : nat64 } };
  Follow : record {};
  ClaimOrRefresh : record { refreshed_neuron_id : opt record { id : nat64 } };
  Configure : record {};
  RegisterVote : record {};
  Merge : record {};
  DisburseToNeuron : record { created_neuron_id : opt record { id : nat64 } };
  MakeProposal : record { proposal_id : opt record { id : nat64 } };
  MergeMaturity : record { merged_maturity_e8s : nat64; new_stake_e8s : nat64 };
  Disburse : record { transfer_block_height : nat64 };
} via special opt rule.
This means the sender and receiver type has diverged, and can cause data loss.
propose_to_add_or_remove_node_provider error: "Unexpectd ManageNeuronResponse"

@SvenF
@bjoern

Though I am getting the error above repeatedly, I see there was a proposal created

Can someone confirm, if that went right? and why I got the error in the first place?
If I execute the same command now, I am still getting the error.

Also where do I upload the self declaration doc as described here: Node Provider Self-declaration - Internet Computer Wiki

?

Yes, the proposal went through. The problem here is that the interface of the governance canister has evolved in a backward incompatible way, and the version of ic-admin is somewhat outdated so it cannot decode the response message.

I voted to reject purely because:

1. There was no self declaration document attached to the proposal.
  2. There was no apparent identity verification process performed.
  3. As a voter Iā€™m still somewhat unclear about the process

All of this means I cannot verify that the nodes are associated with Rivram Incā€™s or verify h Rivram Incā€™s registration in the Canadian company registry.

I think this reflects on us the NNS rather than on you @ritvick. We need to fix is process ASAP so that people like you can onboard autonomously but without sacrificing due diligence.

@bjoern it might be helpful to clarify how this is all supposed to work both in terms of process for node providers and what due diligence checks NNS participants should perform.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Hashimoto, for the input. I have updated my original post with Canadian registry records.
The process seems to be a little unclear for Self declaration and identity verification.
The screenshot from Node Provider Self-declaration - Internet Computer Wiki

says to upload the doc, but where?

This is where I need @SvenF to chime in :slight_smile:

Hi @ritvick and @Hashimoto, thanks for the feedback on the onboarding process. Since the process was posted on the Forum for initial feedback from the community, it is work in progress and there are still elements in there that need to be updated and refined. In particular, regarding the type of document and the type of due diligence checks that should be performed on new NPs. Please post all your suggestions under the Forum post on Self-Declaration so I can collect all the feedback. @ritvick, will drop you a separate message as well.

Hi @ritvick, I have created a separate thread so that all potential new NP proposals are in one place. See New Node Provider Proposals. As you can see in the thread, the foundation will support your proposal and I have included the background on this including the fact that the self declaration process is work in progress.

Hi Sven, i would like to become a node provider here in Australia, however the process is a little unclear to me. Could you please advise of how i can go about this. Many thanks

Hi @AndrewS welcome to the community and good to hear you are interested in becoming a node provider. You can find most of the information on becoming a node provider on the IC wiki pages, in particular the Roadmap gives a high level overview of the process. Most community discussion takes place in this forum thread and for technical questions there is a separate Element channel that you can join.

Hopefully this gives this the right information.

Note that for the time being, the IC network has reached so called ā€œtarget topologyā€ which means with the current node machines the decentralization targets. So no new node machines will be added for the time being, but this might change in the future depending on the growth of the IC network.

1 Like