Motoko bootcamp : getting started on the IC!

Hello everyone,
I would like to introduce the Motoko Bootcamp : a one-week initiative that will take place in March (5th to 13th). :man_student:

The goal is to train new recrues about development on the IC. This bootcamp will take online, recruits will be separated into 2 groups : beginners (no/low coding experience) and intermediate (more experimented devs but not with the IC).

Each recruit will assist to virtual lectures, be assigned with challenges and join a group to learn and build with other recruits.
All participants will receive NFTs as a proof of attendance!
At the end of the week, winners will also be granted with special prizes.

This event is a huge opportunity to increase the number of developers in our community and also to increase cooperation among existing one. :grinning:

We are looking for mentors to help us with some lectures, if you think you have knowledge, would like to share it with the rest of the community, please consider joining here as a mentor : Motoko Bootcamp Mentor Onboarding Form

All participations as mentors will also be rewarded (5 ICP)
If you are interested to participate as a student or want to know more, you can read this article : Motoko Bootcamp - Supercharging the Internet Computer

18 Likes

Is registration for students definitely closed now? :frowning: I’d really like to join!

1 Like

Sorry we had to fix a deadline and close the registration (for organization purpose) but all materials will be available freely online and if this event is a success we plan to make a second edition :man_student:

4 Likes

@Seb is this going to be a reoccurring event? I have a lot of ideas that might actually be of significant help. From someone who is currently a brand new recruit, with very little or a loose understanding of technical terms, definitions, or the context they mean (or are being used for in this industry), I have a lot of feedback, suggestions or random ideas I would love to share with this team. Please see Number 4. in this feedback list and let me know if you would like to hear more, or have more information.

I really think this project could turn into a University like structure and be it’s own thing. I absolutely love love love this idea. If I could like it a hundred times over I would. BTW I am someone willing to discuss the possibility of enrollment costs if you do like the idea and want to brain storm more. This has become my main area of focus since entering the IC space. I want to gravitate towards the educators, teachers, mentors and Tutors. My social media presence is limited so please get in touch with me through this site, or Distrikt.

[https://forum.dfinity.org/t/feedback-from-an-active-beginner/15128/3]

I wish I found this post and gotten in touch with you folks a long time ago… UGH such a relief that this has been established on some level. Sorry to double post, this just got me super excited with my current situation. You have no idea.

Hey @jsull9, happy to see your enthusiasm for the Bootcamp! :slight_smile:

Since the first edition was an help for many people and we got huge feedback from this event, yes we are planning to do a second edition.
Also as someone interested in education related topics, I would like to hear your suggestions and experience as a beginner which is starting now.

I take the opportunity to post this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa7_xHjvOESf9v281VU4qVw

It contains the recording of all the mentoring sessions that happened during the Bootcamp.

I’ll contact you on Distrikt!

3 Likes

Perfect! I just followed you on there!

1 Like

The second edition will take place in January 2023 :rocket:
More information: here !

4 Likes