Megathread: Community Submissions for DFINITY Foundation’s Roadmap

Motoko autoformatter. Opinionated, with minimal configuration, with VS Code integration.

14 Likes

Staying on top of WebAssembly evolution (multi-value, multi-memory, reference types) would be nice.

6 Likes

I think we could all greatly benefit from Internet Identity improvement in terms of cross-canister integration. Right now there is no way to login to different apps preserving the same identity, but there are a lot of use cases when it is a requirement.

8 Likes

I echo the desire to put security first

3 Likes

Consider organising idea submission and brainstorming on IdeaScale. Example is cardanocataly.st, but varying it to suit how NNS voting works.
Also, consider developing a replacement for Uber, that different communities can create their own driver ecosystems on out-of-the-box, probably with their own community token for their own governance, and beating Uber in terms of how much the driver goes home with.

2 Likes

That is our general intent.

3 Likes

I agree @ayjayem . Thank you for being patient :wink:

1 Like

Great point, Joachim.

Very reasonable and I agree

1 Like

These are all great proposals.

I have an idea for a small proposal and that would be to add the cycle_dao neuron ID to the auto-populated list of neurons in the NNS app.

2 Likes

Is this a good space for “small”, technical proposals as well?

If so, I’d like to get “Canisters can make calls from canister_init and canister_post_upgrade” on the way.

What are the steps from graduating from a comment here to a full thread or even listing on https://dfinity.org/roadmap/?

4 Likes

I don’t know how much priority this should be but some time I think there should be: a formal-publish of a correct interface specification for the ledger and at the same time the full functionality of the ledger in the candid.

2 Likes
  1. Inter-canister query calls (lower-level query api support like ic_cdk::api::call::call() and call_raw )
  2. rust actor class support like Motoko.
  3. Motoko vscode plugin, support code formatting
3 Likes
  1. Dfinity testnet for developers
3 Likes

Vanity URLs, canister ids are hard to remember.

2 Likes

Some simple means of validating that canister code is what it is asserted to be, like Etherscan on Ethereum.

Essential in decentralized services to be able to trust that you’re interacting with what you expect to be.

1 Like

You should know that is currently here: Custom domains for ic0.app [Community Consideration] :wink:

1 Like

Hey Megathread folks,

Last week we seeded the different threads and are still iterating off that. I will continue to seed convos as well as work with the teams.

This week, we will start the process of spinning off threads/suggestions from the current list. Thank you for being patient as I get my feet wet in this. I realize some things are more baked than others.

Fwiw, it would help if people heart or like the suggestions they like the most.

2 Likes

I upvoted this but I wanted to highlight how great this would be! Would simplify things a lot in terms of canister architecture. (Although I’m sure the implementation details might not be as trivial as some may think.)

5 Likes