Map development on the chain

Suggesting the development of a map like Google Maps on the chain.
Ever since the BABYAROF team set out to create the first traditional business and integrate it with ICP tools, new ideas for developing tools have come up. A tool like Google Maps on the chain can take the focus off the central servers. It is very useful that wallets (web3 users) can mark their business on the map.

Creative and capable programming teams should know that the existence of an online map based on the ICP blockchain can be used as an efficient platform in the future. This platform can be used in the future to integrate with other platforms and open the way for the development of new ideas.

Integrating an online map with artificial intelligence in the future can also increase the effectiveness of artificial intelligence in ICP.

A few teams have created maps on ICP including:

1 Like

Thank you for reading and giving feedback.
I hope stronger teams will take action to develop this department

Hello BABYAROF

some time ago I wrote a WMTS/WMS server in Motoko for the Supernova Hackathon. With the corresponding frontend you can build your own map services relatively easily and save them from existing servers (e.g. Openstreetmap) in the canisters. You are welcome to try it out at https://www.icmaps.org. You can find the code at GitHub - stumpigit/icmaps: ICMaps - Maps on Internet Computer

I haven’t worked on it for a long time, but now I have a bit more time and I think I’ll get back to it. If you are interested, we can exchange ideas.

Best regards,

Christoph

2 Likes

Greetings and respect
Excellent, however the website is not available but I read parts of the white paper. Undoubtedly, your idea and plan are perfect and can add more applications to the ecosystem in the future. Of course, we know that project maintenance has costs and may be discouraging in the short term, but without a doubt, such a project can be used a lot in the near future.

Frameworks are needed to integrate traditional businesses with the token structure of the ICP ecosystem so that we can have as much transparency as possible.
In this way, there will be challenges for participants in the financing sector, challenges such as the location of the desired business.

In our opinion, the ICP blockchain is currently the only network that has the ability to integrate with traditional businesses without restrictions and with the simplest solutions. But in this way, we felt the absence of two tools, if they exist, transparency can be increased, the first tool is a map to record the location of traditional business activity, the second is an open source accounting tool based on the chain.

We hope you will come back and continue to rebuild the map idea.