List of all available dfx extensions with descriptions/documentation?

Is there a list of all available dfx extensions, and information on what each extension contains (i.e. canisters) before installing it?

1 Like

For now we only have the nns and sns extensions. You can find all of them here. In the respective folders there’s a README

1 Like

Thanks for the reference link. I see the available commands with that extension, but not the canisters that come with the nns extension.

I do see what’s covered if I dig into the tests dfx-extensions/extensions/nns/e2e/tests/nns.bash at main · dfinity/dfx-extensions · GitHub, but I don’t see a list of included canisters in the README.

Previously, I was using dfx 0.14.1 (pre dfx extensions, using dfx nns install/import directly) which had an nns-dapp canister. This canister is not present in the (dfx version 0.16.1) nns extension currently, but installing the nns extension gives an output of

#####################################
# NNS CANISTER INSTALLATION COMPLETE #
#####################################

Backend canisters:
nns-registry rwlgt-iiaaa-aaaaa-aaaaa-cai
nns-governance rrkah-fqaaa-aaaaa-aaaaq-cai
nns-ledger ryjl3-tyaaa-aaaaa-aaaba-cai
nns-root r7inp-6aaaa-aaaaa-aaabq-cai
nns-cycles-minting rkp4c-7iaaa-aaaaa-aaaca-cai
nns-lifeline rno2w-sqaaa-aaaaa-aaacq-cai
nns-genesis-token renrk-eyaaa-aaaaa-aaada-cai
nns-identity rdmx6-jaaaa-aaaaa-aaadq-cai
nns-ui qoctq-giaaa-aaaaa-aaaea-cai
nns-sns-wasm qaa6y-5yaaa-aaaaa-aaafa-cai
nns-ic-ckbtc-minter qjdve-lqaaa-aaaaa-aaaeq-cai

From this, I can see that the nns-dapp was renamed to nns-ui, however that canister isn’t covered in the e2e test link and a candid declaration file isn’t being generated for during import/install (breaks CI for me when going from 0.14.1 to > 0.16.1). I solved this by just removing nns-dapp/nns-ui from our dfx.json (since it isn’t being used anyways), but part of this confusion comes from not knowing what canisters & are included in the extension before installing it.

2 Likes