Increase adoption through changes in community management

I like the outcome you are looking for, but I wonder if the approach you are talking about would be possible. For example: when a project starts, it is usually valued much lower than what it will be worth later on. So the initial staking of ICP would hardly “cover” the values that the project can reach later on.

Also, it makes it hard for small dev teams to start projects if they have to invest not only the cost of development, but also stake that much.

I saw this other post talking about having a group that verifies projects and gives the community a “seal of approval” if the project reaches certain standards (transparency, accountability, source-code, etc). I think that approach is more feasible, and could generate a new product at the same time.

Maybe take a look at this post: ICProposal Rug Pull and idea about how to prevent similar scams from happening in IC ecosystem

Similar to how companies verify and test food to give out the “is organic” stamp.

Take a look at that thread, it seems to go in the direction you are talking about and I agree that it could help ICP as a whole.

3 Likes