II in GrapheneOS

I’m trying to setup an II in GrapheneOS. Both, creating a new account or logging in to an existing account doesn’t work.

When I try to create a new account, I get this error:

“Failed to create identity: An error occured during construction: NotReadableError: An unknown error occurred while talking to the credential manager.”

When I try to login to an existing account, I get this error:

“Please try again

The wrong domain was set for the passkey and the browser couldn’t find it.”

I tried on Vanadium and Brave browser, both with identical results. I have Bitwarden installed for passkeys.

Does II use Google services to login? If so, are there any considerations to change this, so de-googled devices can handle the login natively?

Could you try on Internet Identity 2.0 (https://id.ai)?

The WebAuthn configuration has been updated in 2.0 with the intent to support more devices.

Creating an ID appeared to have worked, but then it just went back to the login screen (see screenshot).

When I try to login to my new ID, it just sends me back to the login screen without any errors.

Did you try only with Bitwarden? Or also other password managers?

I tried Bitwarden and ProtonPass. In both cases the II reacted the same.

Did you see the screen to enter the name?

I just send this off to the caffeine team for the issues we discussed on X, maybe this can help you

https://grok.com/share/bGVnYWN5LWNvcHk%3D_51b64711-bd9a-4bd0-94e4-2a54dcf20c9d

Yes, that’s the last step that works. Just tried it again and even got an error after saving the passkey in Bitwarden.