How to transfer ICP

I have some icp and want to transfer it to the network . How can I safely connect it from my Coinbase wallet ? To what address do I send it ?

One way is to set up an internet identity at identity.ic0.app and use it to log into nns.ic0.app.
In there you will have a wallet address to which you can transfer the ICP.

Yes I did that . I see what looks like the address but I am hesitant to send my icp to it . I don’t want to lose them ! Under what heading is the address ?

In NNS under the ICP tab you should have at least one account named Main. The long alpha numerical string under the account name is the ICP address you send your ICPs to. It has a copy button next to it.

First try a small amount to make sure it works for you.

Hope it helps

C.J

3 Likes

Thank u so much I am gonna try. Keep your fingers crossed that little ole me can do this successfully!

If you are using Binance , withdrawal fees for ICP is 0.0003, try a small amount. I did the same

• Very detailed. Agreed

ICP from Coinbase to Internet Computer Content Validation Bootstrap was more or less instantaneous a few weeks ago.

Today I have transferred 1 more because I’m testing to see if I can create a canisters and the number of Cycles per ICP dropped with the price of ICP. The transfer took 20mins

There was world wide outage of some global services yesterday. Might’ve been affected. I experienced the same.

Coinbase transaction was pending.

Hope this helps

C.J

1 Like

The solution was this: to send emails twice with legal name change documents and wait for weeks without an answer. Miss out on a couple fun opportunities with crypto coin because of their lack of support . Then, this morning , complain on social media, Reddit and Facebook about it and start sharing my disappointment and dissatisfaction with others. That solved the issue this morning in about 20 minutes. On Facebook. Now I’m going to go and pat them on the head with nice words because they fixed it. Reward them socially for behaving . Now I have staked neurons and I have some for my first canister .

Hope I don’t get to that solution, thinking about stacking soon…

Having issues moving your icp out of coin base ???

1 Like

Hi! Do you guys know if there is an step-by-step guide for people that don’t know nothing about coding?

I followed with success this one “Neuron/ICP Instructions for Seed Participants” that is in the Developers Center page.

So I know that everything went fine and that I have my ICP in my basket of 49 voting neurons.
So I already know the ID of my neurons and I understood the general idea about disburse, dissolve and rewards.

I am a big noob. I am NOT a programmer and I DO NOT intend to code.

I just wanna know the step-by-step basis needed to effectively redeem my investment and keep invested in the project. Just like in the guide I addressed. (Not really… I want an app with windows-like interface to manage all this stuff, but I get it will not happen soon).

Thing like:
how can I check the dissolve delay of each of my neurons?
how can I set up a new dissolve delay to one of my neurons?
to where “will go” the ICP of neuron already dissolved and disbursed?
how can I send those disbursed ICP to an exchange?

I cant believe that I am the only seed participant that is utterly lost under all this nasty bureaucracy to redeem an investment done years ago.

I am sorry to use this topic to ask this, but it is the only remotely related to my problem (that is to not be a programmer and to need step-by-step guides for every move right now).

Cheers!

coming soon to stoicwallet.com - eta end of the month :slight_smile: there’s also this: GitHub - dfinity/quill: Governance & ledger toolkit for cold wallets (used to be called nano im sure?) is a cli tool which can help

2 Likes

Another resource might be the NNS applications (https://nns.ic0.app).
You can find some information about using it here:
Network nervous system application quick start :: Internet Computer

Your going to add ability for seed neurons to manage through GUI ?

You’re not the only one. Many people have been asking for GUI. Last i heard hardware wallet support for nna app was being worked on and that would enable GUI for seed neuron management.

Does any have any updated information about the time frame for this hardware wallet support?

Yes! So the next 2 features we are working on are:

• Management/Creation of neurons through Stoic
  • Importing PEM files for wallet creation (for seed users)

:slight_smile:

great, whats the ETA on the hardware wallet support?

does stoicwallet currently also allow users to spawn neurons? and manage existing neurons? create new neurons, start dissolve, change neuron disolve time, etc. will these be ready at the same time hardware wallet seed support will be added? @stephenandrews

Hardware wallet support is awaiting a dfinity app being released and made available in LedgerLive - without this we can’t integrate. There’s already code available to allow us to integrate it from our end, just have to wait for the ledger app.

does stoicwallet currently also allow users to spawn neurons? and manage existing neurons? create new neurons, start dissolve, change neuron disolve time, etc. will these be ready at the same time hardware wallet seed support will be added?

Roll out will be slow, but all neuron related tasks are being added. Not sure about timing, but we release as soon as a feature is ready and has been tested.

I’m not sure if seed wallets can be protected using hardware wallets though