Curating content with prediction markets

Really interesting post by Vitalik back in 2018.

It’s about how a community can collectively moderate user-generated content in a high-throughput platform like social media. The proposed solution is prediction markets for 99% of content + a moderator DAO for the remaining 1%.

Back when Vitalik gave the talk, he said that the main barriers to adoption were:

  • scalability of blockchains
  • usability of blockchains
  • high transaction fees
  • high latency (i.e. transaction finality times)

All of these are solved by the Internet Computer.

Any thoughts? I feel like community moderation is the future, and prediction markets provide a scalable way to do community moderation.

5 Likes