Investigating Internet-connected Computers' Potential for Decentralised Social Media Networks

Hello Everyone :hugs:,

I’ve been keeping up with the advances surrounding the world of the Internet Computers (IC) for some time now, and I find its potential for sustaining decentralised applications—particularly in the social media space—to be quite fascinating.

A decentralised method, in my opinion, might provide a much-needed alternative, especially in light of the mounting worries about data privacy, content filtering, and the concentration of power in the grasp of a few big companies.

I’m curious what you think about the following:

Scalability and Performance: Managing a big user base and high traffic levels is one of the main issues facing any social media platform. How is scalability ensured by the architecture of the Internet Computer without performance being sacrificed? :thinking: Existing projects or instances that show it can manage these kinds of demands? :thinking:

Content filtering is currently a popular topic on social media. How can we make sure that hazardous or unlawful content is appropriately controlled in a decentralised environment? :thinking: What possible frameworks or models are being considered or put into practice on the Internet Computers to address this problem? :thinking:

User Privacy: In the current digital era, privacy is a top priority. How are user data & privacy handled by Internet computers? :thinking: What safeguards are in action to guarantee that users utilising decentralised applications maintain ownership over their data? :thinking:

Adoption & User Experience: The general public must find a decentralised social media platform easy to use and adopt if it is to be successful. What efforts are being made to guarantee that non-technical users may easily access and enjoy the apps developed on Internet computers? :thinking:

I’m excited to talk about the opportunities and difficulties associated with developing decentralised social networking platforms on the World Wide Computers with the community and learn gcp more from them. I’m eager to hear your insights!

Thank you in advance for your help and support.