Creating Internet Identity Anchor problem

I have a “default” principal but don’t have Identity Anchor. When I clicked “create Internet Identity Anchor”, web page asked for my USB Security key. This really confuses me. How should I do to create an Internet Identity Anchor. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

You can find all information about Internet Identity here: What is Internet Identity? :: Internet Computer
What is it? How to use?

Basically it’s a secure, passwordless identity manager.

Thanks for your patience. I’ve read the doc. But I stuck on this step. By following the setps on https://faucet.dfinity.org/ I created a principal and got a wallet id, but now I have problem in logging in and create an Internet Identity Anchor. What did I miss? As you can see, when I clicked “create Internet Identity Anchor”, web page asked for my USB Security key .

I see, I think you missed that the cli and the browser are separated.
Unfortunately I didn’t try how can you use the same principal for both II and cli, but I guess you can’t affect what II uses.

If you worry about the given cycles you don’t have to, if you followed the instructions you already have them in the wallet associated to the cli’s principal.
Create a dfx.json in a folder with a content ‘{}’ and use dfx wallet --network ic balance to query your balance. Then you can start to develop on IC, deploying with command line.