Today is my 45th birthday and I’m running a fundraiser for ICDevs. Since I’ve now crossed into old man territory I have 12 spicy hot “man yelling at clouds” hot takes to relay, but I’m only going to release them in conjunction with raising funds for ICDevs.
What is a Holho? It is a Highly Opinionated, Lightly Held Option. These are good for discussion but are not dogmatic stances by any means. You’d likely be able to talk me off my position here with good arguments and clear thinking.
This is supposed to be fun and all opinions should be taken with a grain of salt. We’re trying to have fun here and fund some developers on the IC while we watch the web3 world burn.
Edit: Make the scale steeper.
- (Replicas) - DONE - 12 Holhos - An ICDevs Fundraiser - #2 by skilesare
- (Maturity) - DONE - 12 Holhos - An ICDevs Fundraiser - #3 by skilesare
- (Programming) and 4. (Programming) – DONE - 12 Holhos - An ICDevs Fundraiser - #6 by skilesare
- (Interoperability) - 250 ICP
- (Governance) - 400 ICP
- (Outreach) - 600 ICP
- (Neurons) - 1,000 ICP
- (Tech Priorities) - 3,000 ICP
- (Psychedelic) - 10,000ICP
- (Toniq) - 20,000 ICP
- (Origyn) - 80,000 ICP - ICCon in Austin, TX - Early 2023
Opinions are my own and should are not the official positions of ICDevs.org or Origyn. Most relevant decisions at ICDevs are made by the Dev Advisory board and Origyn is controlled by the Origyn Foundation.
Donations are tax-deductible for US Citizens and corporations. Let me know your donation details and I can issue you a tax note.
Why should you care what I think?
Here’s what I’ve been doing lately and why I think I have some insight into what the IC “should” do:
- Since 2018 I’ve been talking to Fortune 500 companies about how to onboard crypto with DFINITY’s tech specifically in mind.
- I’ve run ICDevs for the last year. I’ve tried raising funds (fairly unsuccessfully) in a bear market for funding developers of much-needed open-source public goods infrastructure on the IC. I’ve participated in at least two major hullabaloos over governance and been accused as a rent extractor, capitalist, and a CIA level conspiracy operative.
- I’ve completed 3 different DFINITY grants across two different organizations.
- I’ve been the CTO of the Origyn Foundation and we’ve A) Launched a token on the IC and had it placed on two public exchanges and DEX. B) launched an open-sourced NFT standard that leverages the power of the IC for next-generation NFT interaction and experiences C) Written a governance structure for the ORIGYN network and designed an evolution of that platform.
- Over the last few months I’ve attended ethMexico, the Stanford Blockchain Summit, and DevCon in Bogota and endured enough people saying ‘you are the first person I’ve heard of building on the IC’ enough times to drive me crazy enough to have these highly opinionated opinions.
The fundraising goal is ambitious, but heh, 80,000 ICP isn’t what it used to be.
As always with ICDevs donations, 2/3 goes into the permanent treasury(8 year neuron), 2/9 goes into the community fund for bounties, education, and community-building activities, and 1/9 goes into administrative activities. Most admin activities to date have been paying lawyers and accountants. Eventually, we’d like to hire full-time staff that can do community building and development.
Donation Address: 9f65a13064f16d444af9975ee1bca01eded559d6f753b58a43cfeb8a9617436d
Track donations here: Internet Computer Network Status
More donation info: ICDevs.org
I’ll use the forum as the reference location for these Holhos, but will also post them across twitter/IC Social Networks.