What is NNS Blockchain?

I found “Publication of NNS blockchain” in Vanadium of R&D roadmap.

What does NNS blockchain mean?
What is the difference from NNS subnet?

I looked for information but could not find it, so please let me know.

1 Like

I think it means all blocks produced by the NNS subnet will be publicly available.

1 Like

Thanks @Zane
Does that mean we can see the payload to the canisters deployed on the NNS subnet?

I’m not sure, better wait for a dev to confirm it.

1 Like

It means that we propose to publish the raw blocks from the NNS subnetwork so that any user can re-compute the state.

The NNS blockchain is just the chain of blocks that served as input to the NNS subnet.

1 Like

Yes. Watch your error messages. You’re going to be able to wasm2wat those things and learn all kinds of things about your fell community members. :joy:

1 Like

it is also confuse me a lot. There is no kind of parachain & relay chain desgin, where blocks produced in parachain will be hashed and included in relay chain block. ICP ledger is part of NNS subnet, does that mean all the transanction finally will be hashed and recoded in NNS ICP ledger?Do that mean NNS itself and each subnet actually a blockchain?

1 Like

This is already true, you can query the NNS Ledger for the complete (cryptographically verifiable) transaction history of all ICP transactions. The dashboard (ICP Transactions - ICP Dashboard) uses that API to list all transactions.

1 Like

Thanks for replying. @dralves

1. Do you mean that we will be able to see the blocks of the NNS blockchain and its inputs(not only NNS ledger canisters’ transactions but also other canisters’ input on the NNS subnet)?

2. What is the benefit of users recalculating stats?

Yes, that’s it. We’re planning on making a proposal on that subject.

It’s something that the community has asked for very long time.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. @skilesare
Thanks to everyone, I could understand the meaning of the publication of NNS Blockchain.
Although I am interested in what you’re saying, I don’t understand it well. Could you tell me concrete?