Update asset canister dapp with new wasm file

Hello,

There is a problem with updating our asset dapp canister.
We have made a proposal and attached a wasm file for upgrade together with the proposal. The proposal have passed but the dapp is not updated. TRAX Proposal: 6 - ICP Dashboard

1. Where could we see the output of the proposal update request.
  2. Do we have to make some additional action? We created the update proposal with quill sns make-upgrade-canister-proposal command, is this enough to update a asset canister or is there some other process that we must follow?

You can use the get_proposal function on your governance canister to get more details on the proposal. But I don’t see much more useful info. I’ll see if someone knows more

I can say that upgrading an asset canister should not require more than () as an upgrade arg

We upgrade asset canister following this guide :
https://internetcomputer.org/docs/current/developer-docs/integrations/sns/managing/sns-asset-canister

And this works fine.
Instead of normal canister upgrade proposals, asset canister gets upgraded via Commit Batch proposal actually. So i would suggest go through above steps and it should work.

Why do you think that the upgrade did not work?

dfx canister --network ic info o2kpe-tqaaa-aaaap-qb3ga-cai   
Controllers: ecu3s-hiaaa-aaaaq-aacaq-cai
Module hash: 0xbaf9bcab2ebc2883f850b965af658e66725087933df012ebd35c03929c39efe3

This seems to match the hash in your upgrade proposal.

Instead of normal canister upgrade proposals, asset canister gets upgraded via Commit Batch proposal actually.

Right. The upgrade happens in async batches using an IC feature called deterministic time slicing. More details here: Deterministic Time Slicing

But this should be fully automatic, e.g., the end user wouldn’t observe much of a difference, maybe just that the upgrade process might take slightly longer, so if you have some scripts that validate it, you might need to poll with some reasonable timeout and offset.