Transparency within the Dfinity Foundation

@Leamsi, feel free to continue this conversation in the governance thread, where I first brought up this topic in my very first post on this forum 23 days ago. Check for my follow-up posts there too.

I agree with your view that DFINITY is currently inseparable from the IC, hence the key problem.

Approval voting per the NNS and every other DAO has no prioritization capability amongst competing alternatives, nor will it ever have this capability due to its fundamental lack of information granularity. All the toughest and most important decisions generally involve prioritizations and tradeoffs between alternatives, not just a yes/no approval on isolated alternatives/proposals.

The problems with liquid democracy as currently implemented are actually much easier to fix. However, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to try to fix this problem without implementing a collective prioritization capability first. For example, the latter can actually be used to fix the voting power problem simply by allocating voting power based upon a vote on the evaluators themselves (i.e., where evaluators or classes of evaluators are the alternatives being collectively prioritized to determine their respective voting power/weights).

2 Likes