Tips for navigating the DFINITY forum

The home page can look busy, so if you find you want to focus on a particular area of the forum, you can select a category from the drop down list at the top left, eg. Developers (and then optionally a subcategory alongside). This is a good way to get ‘in the zone’ for just the discussions you want to see…

desktop_001%20-%20Copy

On mobile you can choose Categories, then tap Developers to reach the same view:

The categories can also be reached at the top of any thread you’re in, along with tags, which is especially useful on mobile and a great way to hop between the different sections:

There are also keyboard shortcuts for desktop, which can be found in the menu at the top right. ^

16 Likes

Can anyone point me toward understanding how to post new topics? I can’t seem to post anywhere nor does there seem to be any central person to whom to address an inquiry. I am sure that I am missing something, so I apologize for being a newbie.

1 Like

Of course, it’s not always obvious I agree:

In any of the top level pages, eg. category and subcategory views, there’s a + New Topic button at the top right (as in the second picture above), but this is sometimes reduced to just a + sign, depending on your device.

This button disappears when you’re within a topic (as on this page), where instead you’ll see a blue reply button at the very bottom of the thread, so you’ll need to navigate back to a category page to see it again.

1 Like

I dont know if developers have changed something, but I cant create new topics because I can’t find that button. Isn’t working either the keyboard shortcut.

1 Like

Hi jbtwist, welcome to the forum!

New joiners may need to spend a little time browsing the forum and reading posts for the buttons to show up, there are some guidelines on all of this here: Welcome to the DFINITY Developer Forum

Do you know how much time? This seems to be the only thread I can reply to.

2 Likes

It should only be about 10 mins reading, it’s the trust level 1 requirements in that link:

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

You may need to refresh the page to see the buttons.

1 Like

Hiya. I created an account last week “Big Mother” and made a post with an introduction to our community, as I see some strong potential for collaboration. Yet my account seems to have disappeared as well as the posts. I emailed support top of last week and never got a response. Does anyone know what is going on? This is my second account created.

1 Like

We get a lot of spam accounts and most likely yours also got caught in the cleanup because of untypical behaviour. Since you managed to make your first post you should be good to go now

1 Like

I had a personal curiosity as to why the account was removed. I had viewed several of the accounts posts and didnt see anything(from my perspective at the time) in them to warrant account removal. I do see how they could have triggered a spam threshold as the posts contained similar/the same information in many areas.

Hello, I really cannot post anything. Anyways, I am experiencing an issue with ICP. Of all the javascript files I have, only the index.js seems to be executed. What should I do? Other JS files were properly linked inside html files. Thank you so much.

Hello, I really cannot post anything. Anyways, I am experiencing an issue with ICP. Of all the javascript files I have, only the index.js seems to be executed. What should I do? Other JS files were properly linked inside html files. Thank you so much. Please help me. Thank you.

read Understanding Discourse Trust Levels