Seed Round Access

I have a problem. I have dissolved the first 7 genesis neurons, and I have not obtained any reward. My dissolved neurons have all the same amount of ICP. The vote was not automatic? What could be happening?

A minimum dissolve delay of 6 months is required to be able to vote (and, consequently, to earn voting rewards). Your first 7 neurons had dissolve delays from 0-6 months. Not sure about the last one but the first 6 can definitely not have earned any rewards.

2 Likes

Worked perfectly!! Thank you, really appreciate it!

Good to hear that it works well. Thanks for the feedback. That was the goal after all - to let people access their neurons directly from a Ledger with the original seed phrase that was generated by the Chrome extension. Finally, that loop is closed.

It was unfortunately quite difficult to make that happen due to the fact that the original “DFN address” was a legacy Ethereum-type address. The IC has evolved quite a bit since and doesn’t natively understand those type of addresses. The IC’s native ids are the so-called principals. The “claiming” process was required to translate from DFN address to principal.

2 Likes

Any info about when seed investors be able to claim and mange neurons using a ledger??

1 Like

It is not yet possible to claim my neurons with ledger, right?

Not in my understanding. Waiting for someone with more knowledge to reply.

Re. claiming with Ledger:

It was merged 21 days ago.

2 Likes

Hi @timo !
Thank you for all explanation and help to the other guys. I was reading all 508 messages and it helped me a lot to claim my ICP with airgapped instructions. However, some basic Linux knowledge is required and I totally understand how frustrating claiming can be.
As I understand now, I am free to use 24 seed words in my Ledger Nano. That is a great news!

Regarding this first 6-7 neurons that do not earn rewards, does it mean that all the others do earn rewards? And already have earned some?

How can I check my neuron balance which includes rewards? From the claim page, I got this: “ We are pleased to inform you that your neurons have been pre-aged! At the moment of Genesis Unlock, their age was already set to 18 months old. This is important, because neuron age significantly increases your voting power and the voting rewards you receive.
But when I check my genesis account on ic.rocks, I see only the balance without any rewards.

Where can I find my ICP address which will show my full ICP balance on ic.rocks. There I can only see my genesis account? I am not sure I understand the difference.

Why ic.rocks is not working at the moment? Is there any other explorer we can use?

Fwiw the IC dashboard is also an explorer. You can input an address in the search at the top. Hope that helps:

you first 6-7 neurons should have been earning rewards it they where not dissolved yet as they where pre aged. They would have stopped if you would have chosen to dissolve them.

I have claimed my neurons using air-gap computer and then I used my seed phrase to recover LedgerNano S. Then I used this to login on nns.ic0.app and now I can see all my neurons. There are 49 of them, and none of them is dissolved. Cumulative there is total of ICP that is equal to what I have purchased during the seed round. So there is no rewards at all.
Where and how can I see these rewards?

I don’t know how to do this on the ledger but there is some code you can use in the terminal to see rewards, it is different for air gapped machines than connected ones.

CANISTER=rrkah-fqaaa-aaaaa-aaaaq-cai
NEURON_ID=( put id here )
RESULT="$(dfx canister --network=https://ic0.app --no-wallet call $CANISTER get_full_neuron “($NEURON_ID:nat64)” --output=raw)"
didc decode -t “(Result_2)” -d ~/Downloads/nns-ifaces-0.8.1/governance.did $RESULT

maturity e8s gives you the rewards figure

I’m trying to follow along and understand what’s been written lately.

Are seed investors able to claim their ICP/Neurons now using a Ledger Nano device?

If so, is there any clear documentation on how to do this?

Thank you.

Thank you very much. I have two questions now:

1. I should do this on the airgaped computer or can I somehow sign this command using ledger?
  2. If I try to dissolve these 6 neurons, even though I don’t see a proper amount in ledger, I will get reward dissolved? Why all of this is not visible in explorer?

Currently, none of the explorers work for me. Does it work for you guys?

Yes, all others will have earned rewards because they have been voting all the time even before you claimed due to their pre-configured following.

The balance, i.e. the staked amount, hasn’t changed. What has changed is the maturity measured in %. So you should see a positive maturity % on all neurons except the first 6. You can convert maturity to ICP by “merging” or “spawning”.

The “genesis account” mirrors the original token assignment from 2017 that was recorded in an Ethereum smart contract. That information is static. It will now change if you claim, earn rewards, disburse and move ICP, etc. It is also a single amount representing the whole amount of ICP. ic.rocks shoes them under the “genesis” endpoint, e.g.
https://ic.rocks/genesis/2d89d96b10f7a9456a9154b2f5309ee70df5bce1
(which you probably already know and which probably is what are referring to).

Now, that amount has been divided into 49 pieces, belonging to 49 neurons, and each of these neurons has its own ICP account on the ICP ledger. Since neurons accounts are not public ic.rocks will not display them, unless in some cases in which it has reverse-engineered them by guessing the balance. The ICP balance of each neuron is best viewed in the NNS dapp.

ic.rocks is a third-party service. I have no idea why it is not working at times.

1 Like

You should see the maturity % in the NNS dapp. No terminal required.

Only when Ledger company pushes the app update into the Ledger app store. It is sitting in their review pipeline.

1 Like

Since you have already claimed you can now do everything from the NNS dapp GUI while you Ledger hw wallet is connected. So whatever “this” refers to, no, you should not need an airgapped computer anymore.

Why do you think you don’t see a proper amount? The NNS dapp should display the proper amount.

When you start dissolving nothing will happen except the timer starts to tick down. When the neuron is fully dissolved, i.e. timer it at 0, you can disburse the ICP.
If you disburse and there is remaining unconverted maturity left then that maturity will be converted automatically first and then the entire amount, i.e. the original stake plus the newly minted reward ICP stemming from converted maturity, is being disbursed.