Seed Round Access

The Principle id is generated by the keysmith you get it from the keysmith with the command in the instructions, the error I got was for a different field FWIW.

2 Likes

I got the photo thing working, but this is the error I get, as below this is a database error and is not related to the principle ID which I generated and input:

“sqlalchemy.exc.IntegrityError: (psycopg2.errors.NotNullViolation) null value in column “token_holder_id” violates not-null constraint”

1 Like

Thanks :+1: Now I’m also getting the sqlalchemy.exc.IntegrityError error :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi Folks, I am not an expert in this topic, but I can route to the people who are. you can submit a ticket tohttp://support.dfinity.org for all token custody/ecosystem/developer-related.

(and yes, we are keeping an eye on this thread as well, but tickets are better)

1 Like

Is it likely the foundation will release a UI for seed investors to access tokens rather than completing these steps on command line?

5 Likes

I have the same error with KYC.
sqlalchemy.exc.IntegrityError: (psycopg2.errors.NotNullViolation) null value in column "token_holder_id" violates not-null constraint
Public key verified and should be correct, showing balance on etherscan.

1 Like

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting the sqlalchemy.exc.IntegrityError error. Our internal teams are working on it and we’ll let you know when the issue is resolved.

They wont.
They’re making it as difficult as possible for seed investors to claim their tokens, so they wont dump the price.
Even if you complete the process you still have most of your tokens locked in neurons.

3 Likes

Surely the institutional investors have a nice tool to transfer their ICP…

As much as I think Dfinity is truly a great project, I can’t help but feel the seed investors were left forgotten. Even the instructions for us were published about 10 hours before the launch. We need to go through a KYC process in the last moment and don’t have access to our tokens until the KYC is resolved. I don’t mind the locking/vesting that much, but I’m also not sure that this was communicated at the time of investment. But I don’t think it is fair that we don’t have a chance to transfer our ICP at the same time as others, be it presale investors or the team itself. We made the project possible in the first place, and that should be reflected. I am excited for the future of Dfinity, but at the same point I am disappointed in the handling of this. After patiently waiting for 4 years, I think we deserved better than this.

11 Likes

Anyone else got the following error (airgapped signing):

Invalid character ‘x’ at position 1

1 Like

I have run a command DFX_VERSION=0.7.0-beta.7 sh -ci “$(curl -fsSL …/install.sh)” to install Canister SDK, but found that only dfx shared library is installed in my home/bin directory, nothing else. There is no executable to run. What did I miss? Please help.

Try dfx cache install and check again.

I have bought a macbook (never used one before) and managed to install keysmith and the dfinity canister sdk,

As per the instructions I then typed
read seed
then entered my seed

after hitting return i was just taken to the next line. there was no confirmation that I had entered a seed correctly. Is this normal?

similarly, i then went to the next line typing:
echo $seed | ./keysmith private-key -f - -i 0 -o identity-0.pem

I don’t get any confirmation that anything has happened. Again, is this a normal response?

2 Likes

I’m having issues at this same stage.

After entering “echo $seed | ./keysmith private-key -f - -i 0 -o identity-0.pem” I then entered “dfx identity import < name > identity-0.pem” but it returns “No such file or directory”.

Do we just replace < name > with our own name/identity?

2 Likes

Thank you. Now I’ve got “version ‘GLIBC_2.29’ not found”. What package should I install?

RESULT="$(dfx canister --network=https://ic0.app --no-wallet send --output=raw message.json)"

I think dfx canister send doesn’t have --output option, that’s why this doesn’t work.
Any fix for the claim-in-two-steps approach?

The latest dfx needs Ubuntu 20.04. You’re possibly still running 18.04?

let’s assume we were able to disburse the ICP from neurons - where are the docs on how to send the ICP?

It doesn’t look like it’s a priority. They haven’t even fixed the KYC form for seed contributors yet and it’s been several hours. For a missing ID field error, which any capable developer could fix in a few minutes.

Hi folks the sqlalchemy.exc.IntegrityError issue should be fixed. Please git it another shot.