Seed Round Access

Is there a way to check for KYC release, or just need to try and move some ICP?

The first neuron is dissolved. You can disburse that one. The rest have dissolve delays that increase in 30 day increments. Neurons cannot earn voting rewards unless their dissolve delay is at least six months.

I think that’s correct.

Info here:
github dot com/dfinity/docs/blob/master/modules/token-holders/pages/seed-donations.adoc

And here:
medium dot com/dfinity/understanding-the-internet-computers-network-nervous-system-neurons-and-icp-utility-tokens-730dab65cae8

1 Like

According to these links they all already pre-aged and participate in voting:

We are pleased to inform you that your neurons have been pre-aged! At the moment of Genesis Unlock, their age was already set to 18 months old. This is important, because neuron age significantly increases your voting power and the voting rewards you receive.

Yet you have a point that this actually says othewise:

A neuron cannot vote (or earn rewards for voting) when its dissolve delay falls below six months. Once the dissolve delay reaches zero, it stops falling and the controlling principal can instruct the neuron to disburse.

Will be great to hear a clarification from a team member about this matter.

As far as I can tell, they are all pre-aged to give them a bonus in the form of increased voting power. So if you wanted to you can increase the dissolve delays to above six months and then those neurons could vote and make use of the bonus.

it’s already dissolved. moved to the next step, disbursing

1 Like

anyone trying to send tokens with an airgapped machine, this approach works! cross linking for visibility.

4 Likes

yeah finally managed to crack it now :partying_face:

thanks for the help everyone!

2 Likes

So basically all our neurons will stop getting rewards the moment their dissolve delay drops sub 6 months?

So it seems we either have to call stop_dissolving method on them all or be ready for 6 months without rewards while they dissolve to 0, correct?

They are in locked mode by default and dissolve delays stay constant. Did you put your neurons all into dissolving mode? If you did then yes when they drop below six months dissolve delay then they stop earning rewards / ‘maturing’.

2 Likes

Good catch, I assumed they already in dissolving mode, so this all makes sense now :+1:.

Does anyone know the proper way to call the increase_dissolve_delay with dfx?

The function you need to call is manage_neuron, check the did here

dfx canister --network=ic --no-wallet sign \
rrkah-fqaaa-aaaaa-aaaaq-cai manage_neuron \
'(record { id = opt record { id = <NEURON_ID>:nat64 }; command = opt variant { Configure = record { operation = opt variant { IncreaseDissolveDelay = record { additional_dissolve_delay_seconds = <DISSOLVE_DELAY_IN_SECONDS>:nat32 } } } } })'
2 Likes

I understand the “Internet Identity” approach to authentication for logging into Dapps on the IC. You can register multiple supported devices, as well as security keys. You can even use ledger nanos that support FIDO U2F for an added layer of security and recovery (destroys FIDO security key after three failed PIN attempts, and can restore the FIDO security key with the BIP39 seed.). This is all really amazing.

What I don’t understand is how is this supposed to work for users who have a private/public key pair? Can seed rounders access the nns app or not? Can someone please point me to how existing private/public key pairs are supposed to interact with the IC, especially in an airgapped or hardware wallet setup? It feels like two totally incompatible authentication frameworks… what am I missing?

Many thanks.

4 Likes

For a good measure, they should allow moving all the neurons to new seeds including those generated by the hardware wallet.

Keeping the same seed for 4 years of manual entry operations is an unreasonable expectation.

3 Likes

Can someone please confirm: can users with seeds or public/private key pairs use the NNS dapp or not? Am I the only one who does not understand this?

Thanks.

1 Like

You currently can’t. You can create an Internet Identity to add as a Hot Key to your Neurons to make managing them a bit easier though.

3 Likes

Thanks for the sanity check. I’m guessing this will start working once hardware wallet support is released.

Does this update bring the ability use the NNS dapp with seed neurons?

Can you expand on the comment about creating an internet identity to use as a hot key to your neurons ? @cryptoschindler

@dominic_w: Internet Identity now better :key::key::key:

People without spare WebAuthn devices can use a “seed phrase” for redundancy.

#InternetComputer has changed how people authenticate to blockchain, forever ∞ https://twitter.com/dominic_w/status/1396540426694266880/photo/1

@cryptoschindler @diegop

3 Likes

You should be able to use this to add hot keys

# Add Hot Key

dfx canister --network=ic --no-wallet sign \
rrkah-fqaaa-aaaaa-aaaaq-cai manage_neuron \
'(record { id = record { id = <NEURON_ID> : nat64}; command = variant { Configure = record { operation = variant { AddHotKey = record {new_hot_key = principal <PRINCIPAL_OF_NEW_HOT_KEY>}}}}})'
1 Like

Is a hotkey basically just another account that controls the neuron? So after the command above, both the original principal and the new principal would fully control the neuron?