Remove cycle dao named neuron

This is an excellent suggestion!

1 Like

Sorry for past criticism of IC in proposals

1 Like

Right. That is the interest of each one. But an an interest group is tied and collaborates to move their shared interest. I think the goals and decision making of these named neurons (and more to come) is different. At face value, it is not bad for entities to have interests. In fact, itā€™s nornal. Decentralized networks are composed of many entities with interests. Its possible there is some nuance I am missing so I appreciate any patience.

Not sure I follow. people who lock ICP get voting power and voting rewards. (Again, i am willing to concede there is some deeper truth i am not picking up on)

I do not think it is appropriate to keep calling named neurons the ā€œoligarchā€™s listā€ since anyone can join. I honestly think this dialogue may benefit from more neutral words such as ā€œnamed neuronsā€ (what they are). That being said, folks behind the named neurons do tell people what their votes will be on their own tweets or on the forum or other social media presences. It is the burden of the leader to convince people in whatever way makes most sense. Did I understand your intent?

2 Likes

I mean why naming neurons isnā€™t just advertised on its own social media

Not anyone can join, but a motion is required

I believe they do advertise on multiple places. Its possible you just missed it, but I am 90% certain I have seen some folks tweet about it.

Adding a neuron to the UI of the NNS Frontend dapp is not that much different from how ALL updates (UI or backend) are done to the NNS Frontend Dapp happen: they are all done via proposals that community votes on. I can see why it may make sense to change it, but its not that crazy where it is currently at. This because the NNS FE dapp is a tokenized dapp updated via proposals and voting. All changes to the backend or frontend of NNS FE dapp are done via proposals.

3 Likes

In order to avoid permanent impact on IC, I agree to delete/hide past test spam proposals and criticism of IC after a thorough fix of spam proposal motivation

Noā€¦ ok maybe there is some problem with my english, but emm it doesnā€™t matter

I am a non-native English speaker myself so I can imagine there may be some intent or nuance lost across communication. I am always willing to engage and try to work together. It is always possible i am misunderstanding you and that is my fault.

Wanted to leave a thought here:

Is get_neuron_ids implemented in the governance canister yet? Or are there plans to do this? It doesnā€™t seem to return anything when I check here.

If the governance canister returned a list of neuron ids, a third party dapp developer could build a neuron naming service outside of the NNS. This could potentially eliminate the need for named neuron proposals and would allow another dedicated team to build a social media style dapp for the dedicated purpose of advertising, etc.

1 Like

@diegop @wpb I guess a larger question I have is - if everyone is just making named neuron proposals that WILL pass, why canā€™t we just name our neuron directly in the NNS Dapp UI?

Maybe make people pay a 1-5 ICP cost to do so and save the voters the time.

Motion Proposal for NNS Neuron ID Indexing has not been implemented.

The get_neuron_ids method you mentioned is something different. Itā€™s used to get the neuron IDs of the caller of the method.

1 Like

This is worth teasing apart so I can share my thoughts on this accurately to answer your question:

1. The design intent is that the community chooses all named neurons. They are not meant to all pass. The intent is community could reject for some (for whatever reason). The design intent is NOT that they all pass ā€œbut with extra steps.ā€

2. I do not work on the NNS FE dapp, so i do NOT know a lot of the design intent. That being said, on the surface, I think yours is a perfectly reasonable suggestion (assuming there is a UI that is good enough to handle that and not a mess). I would certainly support it based on what I currently know (possible something I do not of course).

2 Likes

Iā€™ve tweeted and have our neuron on our site as well as having submitted a named neuron. If Iā€™m an oligarch I want a hockey rink in my backyard.

2 Likes

Hahaha态 when NNS is the government of the world youā€™ll have dozens of ice skating rinks

@ysyms
Welcome to the Oligarchy. :crown:

I will vote to approve your register known neuron proposal 76313. I hope it passes.

However, I wouldnā€™t want you to try to hide/delete your spam and advertisement proposals in the future. Itā€™s part of the public record and history. I donā€™t think proposal history should ever be deleted.

4 Likes

Why canā€™t it be hidden if both the originator and the NNS agree

I meanā€¦ we trust high school aged kids to put their life on the line in the military. :slight_smile:

It will be up to the followers to decide who they want to follow. Iā€™m all for it Ysyms.

2 Likes

or treat it as proposer withdrawing the wrong proposal

Perhaps itā€™s simply so the governing body has a chance to say no.

2 Likes