Questions about SNS

Hi,
How long is the minimum number for Interval in the VestingSchedule of sns_init.yaml ? I.e. is it possible to set the swap neurons of the SNS participants to 2 events and with 1 day interval? So the swap participants have their tokens with 1 day dissolve delay?

Thanks a lot !
Gautier

2 Likes

Off the top of my head, I think you are allowed to do that.

I looked around the code, and I don’t see anything that prevents what you want to do. The only limits that we seem to implement are here, but I could be missing some other checks.

I am not saying whether what you want to do is a good idea. In general, larger numbers would be used. Voters of the NNS proposal to create your SNS might not like such small values.

1 Like

Why limit the events number to 2? Why not allowed one event &dfinity

Technically one could set two events with interval of 1 second?

Why limit the events number to 2? Why not allowed one event

It’s probably because if we allow 1, then, after the swap, all the voting power is still with the developers. That is, zero decentralization takes place. This is because in that case, the neurons that are given to participants all have 0 dissolve delay, and therefore, 0 voting power.

Technically one could set two events with interval of 1 second?

Yes, I think that is technically/theoretically allowed.

In practice however, that setting is highly degenerate, and DFINITY would almost certainly recommend voting against the SNS for reasons similar to what I said in my last post: the “effective” amount of decentralization is essentially zero.

thank you for the response. Is there a minimal interval the foundation could tolerate?