New Node Provider Proposals

Dear all,

As part of the further decentralization of the node infrastructure of the IC (see also this separate forum thread: State of Node decentralization) we are working on improving the process of the onboarding of Node Providers (NPs). The objective is to have a fully autonomous onboarding process based on an updated hardware specification (see Gen2 HW specifications) which we are currently testing out.

For the autonomous Node Provider onboarding process, it is important for the community to have a way to validate the identity of a future Node Provider. Therefore, we have asked for feedback on the process of self declaration of a Node Provider, which can be followed in this separate forum thread (see Node Provider Self Declaration and Self Declaration Form). This process is still under discussion and based on the feedback of each of you we will refine and update it, and create a formal NNS proposal to be voted upon.

While we are working on the new NP onboarding process, we want to create this new forum thread where we will update you of new NP proposals and the motivation of the Dfinity foundation to vote on these.

We will keep you informed and of course look forward to any feedback from you in the meantime!

25 Likes

We have received a first proposal from @ritvick for onboarding as a NP:

• This proposal has been submitted to the NNS for approval (as described in this separate thread: Proposal to become NP; Rivram Inc.
  • On this separate wiki page: Self Declaration Rivram Inc the company registration and the self-declaration form can be found.
  • The NNS proposal does not have a verifiable link yet to the documents on the wiki-page, something which we propose in the future to accomplish through adding a hash of the signed documents to the NNS proposal.
  • However, since the self-declaration process is not yet finalized and because Rivram provided the same information, the foundation is going to adopt the proposal.
  • Note that in the future the foundation will only adopt proposals that follow the fully updated NP onboarding and self-declaration process that the community is going to vote upon soon.
7 Likes

Hi Sven,

I would also like to apply to be a node-provider. What process should I follow. I have tried to submit pdf to the wiki you suggested but it’s in approval phase. I can provide whatever information needed in email in addition to the form.

4 Likes

Thanks @rishi, can you send the pdf to me in direct message? Then I will follow up with you.

4 Likes

As the NNS proposal for Rivram LLC to become a NP has been approved, a new Data Center record has to be created since the nodes are going to be hosted in a Data Center that is not yet registered in the NNS. The creation of the new Data Center record is described in the following proposal: Proposal: 94426 - ICP Dashboard. As this proposal is part of the onboarding process of Rivram LLC as a new NP, we would like to inform you that the foundation is going to adopt this proposal.

3 Likes

Dear all, Grousset Technologie has submitted an NNS proposal to become a Node Provider, following the new NP onboarding process. I would like to inform the community that since the self-declaration for this NNS proposal is not yet completed, the Foundation will reject the current proposal (Proposal: 94097 - IC Dashboard). We will reach out to Grousset to follow up on the NP onboarding process and the documentation required to submit any new NNS proposal.

4 Likes

Dear all,
After the approval of the NP proposal and Data center record for Rivram LLC, the next step in the onboarding process for Rivram as NP is to install and activate the nodes in the Data Center. For the activation of the nodes, Rivram has submitted a proposal to create a node operator record, see: Proposal: 95935 - IC Dashboard. Please note that only two nodes will be installed and subsequently added to the node reward tables, the allowance of 28 being the maximum number of nodes in case nodes to be swapped for maintenance purposes. As this proposal is part of the onboarding process of Rivram LLC as a new NP, we would like to inform you that the foundation is going to adopt this proposal.

5 Likes

congratulatoins Ritvick!

3 Likes

Dear all,
InfoObjects has submitted an NNS proposal to become a Node Provider, following the new NP onboarding process, see https://dashboard.internetcomputer.org/proposal/97369. There is unfortunately a broken link in the proposal, so for administrative reasons the Foundation will reject the current proposal, but we are supporting InfoObjects to submit a new proposal. Following the new onboarding process, we will make sure the proposal includes a link to the Forum thread with the background for the onboarding of this new NP, and a SHA-256 hash of the self-declaration of InfoObjects that is uploaded on the internetcomputer wiki, so the community can verify the authenticity of that document. We expect the new proposal to be submitted beginning next week.

6 Likes

Dear Folks,

I on behalf of InfoObjects have submitted proposal 98092 to become a node provider. We will set up 2 nodes in US California for 2 nodes and one they are stable, we will set up additional nodes in Middle East and India. Please approve the proposal. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

5 Likes

What is the legal situation in India regarding data retention, and how does that affect potential IC node providers operating out of India? The stuff in this report sounds frightening:

4 Likes

we are going to iron out any regulatory issues concerns before we set up nodes in India ( assuming this post was in response to my post). India is not the only country in our list where we can set up nodes. We are a multi-national company HQed in the silicon valley. Without going into confidential details, all I can say is that for our current customers we have secured data lanes between our offices and customers.

6 Likes

Dear all, following up on the message from @rishi, InfoObjects has followed the new process for Node Provider onboarding and submitted a updated Node Provider proposal (Proposal: 98092 - IC Dashboard) that includes a link to the self declaration document (InfoObjects Inc - Internet Computer Wiki), a hash of the document for the community to verify the authenticity of the document and a link to this forum thread. Since the proposal is in line with the further decentralization of the IC-network and having nodes in new geographies, I would like to inform the community that the foundation will support this proposal.

Next steps for InfoObjects are to submit a proposal for a DC record and a Node Operator record, of which we will update you in this forum thread as well.

4 Likes

Dear Folks,

Thank you so much for supporting our proposal 98092 to become a node provider. As a next step, I on behalf of InfoObjects have submitted proposal 101687 to add a DC record. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

3 Likes

Hey @rishi - great to see the progress! Just for validation: The data in the proposal indicates that the DC is InfoObjects’s private DC, also consistent with the address given in the self-declaration. Correct?

yes. it’s a private data center

Hi all,

Rishi has submitted a new proposal for the addition of a new DC record. This is part of InfoObjects becoming a new NP. You can find the proposal here: Proposal: 102443 - IC Dashboard. Since it is part of the further decentralisation, the foundation will support this proposal. The proposal replaces proposal 98092 that was not yet voted upon by the foundation.

The proposal will be followed later by a proposal to add a Node Operator Record, for which we will also notify you in this forum thread.

1 Like

Thank you so much for supporting our proposal 98092 & 101687 to become a node provider and add a DC record. As a next step, I on behalf of InfoObjects have submitted proposal 103955 to add a node operator record. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

2 Likes

Dear all,

@Anonstake has submitted NNS proposals to become a new Node Provider (Proposal: 104996 - IC Dashboard) and use its internal Data Center (Proposal: 104998 - IC Dashboard) for installing these nodes.

These proposals might be difficult to verify for the community as they do not include the Node Provider self-declaration in the proposal, as well as a description and reference to the company information and the data center information. For this reason the Foundation will reject these two proposals, but we working with @Anonstake to prepare new proposals that contain all the relevant information so the community has the right information to vote on these proposals. We expect these proposals to be submitted in the next week.

6 Likes

Dear all,

Anonstake would now like to proceed with proposal to register an Anonstake datacenter as lj2 in Ljubljana, Slovenia, Europe. We have submitted our self-declaration document for Data Center run by Xenya d.o.o. at https://wiki.internetcomputer.org/wiki/Zaboo_d.o.o.. and with SHA-256 hash
7d3389fb1a80d08f550d25d104587332aa657d1a24b1e2610d9ccb070569f894, in line with the announcement and discussion at New Node Provider Proposals - #19 by SvenF. Special thanks to @SvenF and @garym for preparing and guiding us with onboarding instructions.
We have submitted Proposal: 107568 - IC Dashboard to add node provider and Proposal: 107569 - IC Dashboard to add datacenter.

We are an operator of leading blockchain projects providing infrastructure for staking services. We are serving as a non-custodial staking-as-a-service for institutions and retail. We maintain high availability clusters using our own datacenter infrastructure with layer0 networking control using dedicated hardware.

We will run our nodes in a privately-owned datacenter Xenya. At first we would like to setup 10 nodes and in future additional ones, if it turns out a further increase in distribution is required, we can open a datacenter in another location with additional nodes.

We hope everyone will adopt this proposal and we look forward to any feedback from you in the meantime.

6 Likes