Proposal 133373 to upgrade the NNS dapp (11/10/2024)

Happy Friday, ICPeople! Proposal 133373 to upgrade the NNS dapp just went live, please consider voting. :ballot_box:

Today, we have a very important proposal! It includes a highly requested feature — imported tokens, as well as fixing a bug related to the Canisters page that many of you have been affected by.

If adopted, you should see a shiny new button that allows you to import any token that supports ICRC-1.

Once you enter the ledger canister ID of your token, you should see a second modal window to double check and confirm importing the token.

After it is imported, it should appear like any other token in the list.

The proposal includes other changes, such as fixing a recent issue regarding the Canisters page, please vote while taking into consideration all changes.

Wasm sha256 hash: 6f0915e0250c6598fa74a4c37da8f800aaddb990f12c0240268b82960fb804a9 (https://github.com/dfinity/nns-dapp/actions/runs/11278428769)

Change Log

Added

• Importing custom tokens.

Changed

• Fetch TVL from NNS dapp canister instead of TVL canister.
  • 10% rollout of re-enabling of certification of certain calls.

Fixed

• Bug where neurons are displayed as eligible to vote, even though they have already voted.
  • Issue with setting exact dissolve delay on SNS neurons.
  • Error on canister page.
  • Don’t hide neurons which have only staked maturity.
  • Not showing the “no proposals” message when not signed in.

Wasm Verification

To build the wasm module yourself and verify its hash, run the following commands from the root of the nns-dapp repo:

git fetch  # to ensure you have the latest changes.
git checkout "14e9c14696b49fddc4c4f478cad1b4872ab8f945"
git merge-base --is-ancestor HEAD origin/main && echo "OK" || echo "Commit is not on main branch!"
./scripts/docker-build
sha256sum nns-dapp.wasm.gz

You may also want to verify the canister arguments. In the proposal they are binary, which is not very readable. Docker provides both binary and text formats and you can verify that the text format corresponds to the binary arg_hex field in the proposal.

cat nns-dapp-arg-mainnet.did
didc encode "$(cat nns-dapp-arg-mainnet.did)" | xxd -r -p | sha256sum
5 Likes

Can with this proposal ICRC-2 tokens supported too, or it has to be updated later?

All ICRC-2 tokens support the ICRC-1 standard. Same for ICRC-3. These are just extensions of ICRC-1. So in short, you can already import any ICRC-2 tokens.

2 Likes

When are we going to see some improvements to logging in with Internet Identity? I am getting eight seconds from start to finish. This is way too long.

I know that end-to-end latency improvements coming to the NNS subnet soon (which hosts Internet Identity). @dsharifi can tell you more.

Can DFINITY publish similar trusted scripts or tools somewhere? This is not just a problem for NNS Dapp. More developers do not provide a complete wallet in their DAPP. DFINITY should provide a general solution to ensure user sovereignty.

1 Like

How do I find an index canister to import it to the NNS???
Complication after complication… Terrible UX my goshhhh

Have you observed such long login times in the past 4 days? The block rate of the Internet Identity subnet was recently increased more than doubled from 0.8 blocks/s to ~2.1 blocks/s

https://dashboard.internetcomputer.org/subnet/uzr34-akd3s-xrdag-3ql62-ocgoh-ld2ao-tamcv-54e7j-krwgb-2gm4z-oqe.

The latency milestone, including the synchronous call feature, will also be rolled out tomorrow, meaning sign-in times should decrease even more.

Please let me know if you still observe consistently long sign-in times.

1 Like