New Tokens UI in upcoming NNS Dapp upgrade!

Hi!

Upcoming proposal 127458 to upgrade the NNS Dapp canister comes with a big change.

The current accounts page will become the tokens page. Users will be able to manage all their tokens from one place:

Other minor improvements come also in the upgrade:

• New block “Stake a neuron” on proposal details page.
  • Improved wording in neurons flows.
  • Improve UX in some edge cases when increasing the dissolve delay.
  • UI improvements in the launchpad for mobile devices.

Don’t forget to vote and share your feedback!

Thanks!

12 Likes

Will it include ext tokens?

What do you mean with, remove ckbtc withdrawel account?

1 Like

No, it won’t include external tokens. There will be the same tokens as now.

1 Like

The ckBTC withdrawal account was used to convert ckBTC to BTC. This is not needed anymore because ckBTC now supports ICRC-2. With ICRC-2 there is no need for such a “withdrawal account” because it supports a new functionality called approve.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s what I want, thank you for doing this amazing work. I like it.

1 Like

Voted! I love it
This is very good ui changing

1 Like

Beautiful. How close are we to ledger support for ICRC tokens?

1 Like

Closer at least. The previous UX made it very difficult to add support in a user-friendly way.

With this UX we have a nice idea on how to implement it. It’s still in the makings and I hope to start working on it soon.

The transaction record of sns1 token of NNS dapp cannot be updated normally.

I didn’t understand. Will I be able to continue sending BTC to my ICP account and send BTC purchased as ckBTC to my BTC address?

looks better. I still wish i could hide and re order SNS projects I only see this becomming more of an issue as time goes on.

2 Likes

Yes, of course, the functionality doesn’t change.

We are aware of it. Sorting and hiding or showing projects is on our roadmapl as well.

4 Likes

What do you mean that it cannot be updated normally?

Don’t you see the transactions in the wallet page?

Taking my principal(zv4kb-45wuz-qvpxc-ignbt-uuwzn-xggbt-bx2hx-kelhr-miohk-yrxk3-cae) as an example, the transaction record of SNS1 has not been updated after Jan 1, 2024 1:32 AM, but in fact I have conducted more transactions after that, which can be seen in other blockchain browsers, but Not showing up in NNS dapp

Having a wall of tokens I don’t own on my NNS page isn’t what I would call a good user experience. Why did we just leave as it was until we can hide these tokens? It’s truly ugly and anti good UX. Fix ASAP please.

2 Likes

Thanks for the details, @ysyms. I agree, there should be more transactions listed; for example, the dashboard displays those. From what we have debugged with @lmuntaner, we concluded that the issue isn’t in NNS dapp, but rather probably in the SNS1 Index canister, which for some reason does not provide those newer transactions. We’ve forwarded the message to the related team and will let you know as soon as we have more information.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll pass it along and we are already working on improving that.

6 Likes

I appreciate that. Listening to the end users is important for the best user experience.

2 Likes