Pricing - No Free Lunch

I am very impressed at the nuanced take at implementing p2p tech to create a whole new tech stack. I have been researching different web3 projects and dfinity has really caught my attention. I’m trying to understanding how these ‘canisters’ are priced? There’s a saying that goes, “there’s no such thing as a free lunch” meaning all these data centers have a limited about of compute and I assume will need to be compensated some how. All that being said, how does one pay for the compute of their canister?

2 Likes

Dfinity seems to implement the gasmodel as it is used in ethereum for example. That means that there will be a native token you use to compensate the data centers for their resources. This is a nice place to start digging in some more:

3 Likes

oh and a very warm welcome to our community! feel free to reach out if there are any more questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I’ll check it out

Hi,

This is my first post, i was trying to learn how to deploy a website in ICP and i found this post in reddit:

~ttps://kyle-peacock.com/blog/dfinity/static-site-generators-ic/

It explains how to create and deploy it, but i’m not understanding it, is not supposed to pay something to deploy it?

There is nothing explaining the process of payment, its free for now?

1 Like