New way to automatically stake my maturity to staked ICP

hello,

I’m now compounding my ICP maturity. Now, if i want to dissolve my icp, my staked ICP and my staked maturity will be made liquid ICP after my 8 year staking period. I don’t wanna get the risk of losing 5% or getting 5% more staked maturity converted to liquid ICP.

Is this possible to stake maturity directly to staked ICP. Also how would this change my aging boost?

I don’t wanna get the risk of losing 5% or getting 5% more staked maturity converted to liquid ICP.

Avoiding maturity modulation is not possible. You might be interested in reading this code comment.

Is this possible to stake maturity directly to staked ICP.

There used to be a thing called MergeMaturity, but that is now obsolete, superseded by StakeMaturity. If you try to do MergeMaturity now, you will get an Err response. IIUC, even then, modulation would be applied.

1 Like

hello, thanks for answering. i’m happy to read that staked maturity will be made liquid maturity after 8 years dissolving. So i can still chose when i mint ICP with maturity.

I have another question now. If i have staked maturity, will this staked maturity also get an age bonus of 25 percent after 4 year?

Yes, the dissolve delay bonus and age bonus are applied to staked ICP plus staked maturity in order to calculate the voting power of the neuron.

1 Like

spawn_maturitydisburse_maturity

Spawn maturity is now called disburse maturity. This operation begins a 7 day clock that completes with a modulation of the amount to be received (see below). This final amount of newly minted ICP may then be transferred into the account of a neuron holder.

Before proposed change:

• Before spawn_maturity: Neuron has 100 ICP stake and 10 maturity.
  • After spawn_maturity: Neuron has 100 ICP stake and 0 maturity, while a newly created reward neuron has 10 ICP stake and 0 maturity.

After proposed change

• Before disburse_maturity: Neuron has 100 ICP stake, 0 staked maturity and 10 maturity.
  • After disburse_maturity: Neuron has 100 ICP stake 0 staked maturity and 0 maturity. After 7 days, between 9.5 and 10.5 ICP is transferred to the accunt of the user.

exchange_maturity

If there is sufficient staked ICP in the neuron, this operation exchanges maturity for staked ICP in the neuron, while converting that maturity into staked maturity.

Example

• Before exchange_maturity: Neuron has 100 ICP stake, 0 staked maturity and 10 maturity.
  • After exchange_maturity: Neuron has 90 ICP stake 10 staked maturity and 0 maturity. 10 ICP is immediately transferred to the user account.

I would like to ask in this thread, how long is the approximate time until the release of both these features?