My NNS has been stolen,Please help me

@xiaobing convinced me that he/his boss was the owner of the account through the evidence that he presented. Once I reached that decision and given the fact that what he was asking was not technically infeasible (i.e. Dfinity, through @zire confirmed that this was not impossible), I felt that there was no choice but to vote my conscience. Therefore I voted yes.

I have read through the decision making process of the no votes. This are my three buckets of the no votes so far.

1. No because you don’t believe the evidence that has been presented
  2. No because you think the exploration of evidence and counter arguments need more time
  3. No because you think this proposal should not have been brought into NNS proposal in the first place

I have found out some facts through this topic AFTER I voted. So I do think that in the future I would definitely demand more time on such issues. I have struggled with 3 quite a lot. The very existence of a mechanism to revert back a change (revert to the original mnemonic) is deeply concerning to me. As I have mentioned in the first paragraph, I submit that is not the issue before us in the current proposal.

I will present a detailed economic case separately of how the existence of such a mechanism could be exploited in the future ( I am NOT alleging that this was done in this case) for the benefit of a determined adversary playing by the exact same rules set up here. In a nutshell here, a variation of ability to transfer existing neurons (Threshold ECDSA Signatures - #111 by nomeata) temporarily could sway the vote-count in favor of a determined adversary for a specific proposal. While I am not aware about any current such buy-the-vote schemes, it is entirely possible in the future with appropriate systems in place as I will show.

1 Like