This is an awesome bounty because we have both DAB(Psychedelic) and Stoic(Toniq Labs) kicking in and helping to create something cool for the community.
- Discussion (12/17/2021)
- Ratification (12/20/2021)
- Open for application (12/20/2021)
- In Review
- Bounty Amount: 100 ICP
- Project Type: Single Contributor
- Opened: 12/17/2021
- Time Commitment: Days
- Project Type: Traditional
- Experience Type: Intermediate - Web Dev; Intermediate - API Integration
- Issue Type: Application Development
This bounty gives the opportunity to
- learn how DAB works
- learn how Stoic wallet works
- learn how to cross call different services and standards on the IC
DAB is a service that allows NFT developers to register their canister and type of standard used with a central repository. Once submitted to DAB, a simple interface can be used to retrieve all of a user’s NFT, send NFTs, and to get token details.
Stoic wallet is a popular wallet used to interact with Etrepot and other Toniq labs based applications. The current process for adding new NFTs to Stoic wallet is to submit a pull request at github(GitHub - Toniq-Labs/stoic-wallet) that specifically handles the NFT canister’s NFT implementation or to implement a number of Stoic specific functions into the canister and add the canister manually by principle ID.
This integration would allow the stoic wallet to query DAB for existing collections that are in the registry and display the NFTs without having to submit a pull request or to manually add the canister and hope the get_tokens function is defined.
- Have stoic wallet query getAllgetUserTokens in DAB and append those items to the ones that stoic already finds. Search for duplicates and remove them.
- Keep track of if the NFT is in DAB and use DAB’s transfer function to call transfer if it is a DAB listed token.
- Use DAB’s details function to get info and show it when a user clicks on an NFT in stoic wallet and wants to see details.
To claim the award you must produce a pull request for stoic wallet that adds this functionality and is accepted by the Toniq labs team. Reach out to Bob or Easy Steve if you have any questions.
- Include links to previous work writing tutorials and any other open-source contributions(ie. your github).
- Include a brief overview of how you will complete the task. This can include things like which dependencies you will use, how you will make it self-contained, the sacrifices you would have to make to achieve that, or how you will make it simple. Anything that can convince us you are taking a thoughtful and expert approach to this design.
- Give an estimated timeline on completing the task.
- Post your application text to the Bounty Thread
The ICDevs.org developer’s advisors will propose a vote to award the bounty and the Developer Advisors will vote.
Please keep your ongoing code in a public repository(fork or branch is ok). Please provide regular (at least weekly) updates. Code commits count as updates if you link to your branch/fork from the bounty thread. We just need to be able to see that you are making progress.
The balance of the bounty will be paid out at completion.
Once you have finished, please alert the dev forum thread that you have completed work and where we can find that work. We will review and award the bounty reward if the terms have been met. If there is any coordination work(like a pull request) or additional documentation needed we will inform you of what is needed before we can award the reward.
If you cease work on the bounty for a prolonged(at the Developer Advisory Board’s discretion) or if the quality of work degrades to the point that we think someone else should be working on the bounty we may re-award it. We will be transparent about this and try to work with you to push through and complete the project, but sometimes, it may be necessary to move on or to augment your contribution with another resource which would result in a split bounty.
The bounty was generously funded by DAB/Psycadelic(40 ICP), Toniq Labs(40 ICP), and a Foundation Accelerator of 20 more ICP. If you would like to turbocharge this bounty you can seed additional donations of ICP to 66083bb3c940c7de2a70aa127ec771da75d60deadc10f5f66b280f203d8f6e73. ICDevs will match the bounty 1:1 for the first 40 ICP out of the DFINITY grant and then 0.25:1 after that. All donations will be tax-deductible for US Citizens and Corporations. If you send a donation and need a donation receipt, please email the hash of your donation transaction, physical address, and name to email@example.com. More information about how you can contribute can be found at our donations page.
The draft bounty is posted to the DFINITY developer’s forum for discussion
The developer advisor’s board will propose a bounty be ratified and a vote will take place to ratify the bounty. Until a bounty is ratified by the Dev it hasn’t been officially adopted. Please take this into consideration if you are considering starting early.
Developers can submit applications to the Dev Forum post. The council will consider these as they come in and propose a vote to award the bounty to one of the applicants. If you would like to apply anonymously you can send an email to austin at icdevs dot org or sending a PM on the dev forum.
A developer is currently working on this bounty, you are free to contribute, but any splitting of the award will need to be discussed with the currently assigned developer.
The Dev Council is reviewing the submission
The award has be been given and the bounty is closed.
DAB - 40 ICP
Toniq Labs - 40 ICP
Accelerator Fund: - 20 ICP Direct, 60 ICP General Fund