Community fund on nns

There is some misunderstanding. @lara said that before they finish setting up this function for community use, they will give the opportunity to reverse the decision for those who accidentally activated “Community fund” flag for their neurons. After that, the decision will be irreversible.


Appreciate your question and your patience on this topic.

The key goal for the community fund is to enable neuron holders to help bootstrap the IC ecosystem. There is currently ~ $9 bn of value staked in neurons and we are exploring the opportunities to bring a subset of this liquidity to the IC ecosystem projects. We are deliberating multiple pathways where this could be possible. For instance, the community neurons could potentially be locked inside the liquidity pool and help contribute liquidity to a DEX or say participate in SNS decentralized auctions.

Over the next few weeks, as we get ready to submit a proposal on this topic, we will start collaborating more closely with the community and map out the most viable approaches for the community fund. Thank you again for your patience.


@ld-dfn1 thanks…but what was this? I

Screenshot displays 145,462 ICP.

" ALSO: the DAO controlling the network now has a Community Fund that will swap ICP for the governance tokens of promising …dapps"

Sounds kind of cool? I think? Which are these promising dapps?

Can you link the proposal?


When the reverse option for the community fund will be available to the people? It was said on this forum that there would be a reverse option, but no action so far i know.


There is no date for this implementation. I’m also waiting for this. I’ve stopped merging maturity and topping up my neurons because of this. Hope it will be added soon.


Thanks, the same thing happened to me. by accident I attached my neuron, when the decision can be reversed approximately. I appreciate your work and contribution to the paradigm shift.

We are currently working on how the community fund works and estimate that it will become active earliest in Q3 of 2022.
As already promised, if you have accidentally activated the flag, there will be a time period where you can revert this choice. Note however that currently having set the flag does not have any effect on your neuron: you can vote and get rewards as with any other neuron.

So to address your specific question: I am not sure yet when exactly the decision can be reverted, but this will be defined in time. As the actual change is still a bit away there is still enough time to allow users to make this change.

I am also happy to share that @bjoernek will lead this feature going forward!
So he will probably be the person sharing future updates and the best person to answer further questions!


Thank you very much

Obtener Outlook para iOS

1 Like

Any news? I join with all my icp in the community fund

Do you have any clue what you have done? Beceause no one else knows exactly even the dfinity team what the community fund exactly wil do.
Not a smart move at all…

1 Like

I join into community fund, but no one know how work… also the team dont know nothing… im a icp maximalist… i hope news arrive

I hope for you and a lots of other people that made such a huge commitment to the internet computer for staking 8 years and so on, that they wil be treated like they deserve.

1.) Make the reverse option asap for those who want to exit.

2.) Give EXACT details what people can expect in return / what risc’s they are taking by committing to the community fund.

So simpel it can be, im committing my self to keep on complaining in the name of justice until Dfinity does the right thing. I have al the time in the world.


1 Like

Any progress yet for reversing the community fund? Its in a bit Q3 2022 and we are still being let down…


i was also in need of undoing my ICP. I joined the crowdfunding for one of my Nerons. but then mistakenly clicked on the 2nd Neron so was hoping to get it back

hopefully soon there will be a button that can get back the icp for those who mistakenly activated the “community fund”

I also support the creation of an opportunity to return icp from the public fund, as I wrote earlier in another thread. And I received confirming assurances, and now the silence, although I was promised to fix the situation and that it will happen as soon as possible.And I also do not intend to stop. Pay attention to us. There are many of us.

Hi all, please find a design proposal for the community fund here.


Thank you so much for this! Lots of people have been waiting for this. Job wel done here…


Any news about the possibility to exit my neuron from community fund??