Community fund | Design proposal

When i can exit from cf ??

Don’t panic, I have been through 3 stock market crashes and several crypto winters.
They always turn around and go further.

While the price of ICP has gone down I have the same amount of coins I bought plus more from rewards.

In the near future you may be say I glad I had these CF

1 Like

He probably wants out so he can merge maturity and maximise rewards, so when CF actually works he gets more tokens.

I know but he seems stressed and he shouldn’t

I agree, he should be pissed. Situation was handled very poorly to say the least.

I want exit because i want earn more icp not other token… i dont like if i can merge only into new token and not icp

Hi all, coming back to the topic of being able to leave the CF

1. Before go-live of the CF: An update to the NNS front- and back-end is planned to be released by end of this week (latest next week). The update will entail a tickbox in the NNS front-end via which users can leave/join the CF with their neuron.

2. After go-live of the CF: Given the community feedback, we suggest to keep the possibility to leave the CF at any time. This way, users will have more flexibility to try out the CF (without committing participation until the end of the dissolve delay of the CF neuron). I will include this aspect in a revised CF design proposal.

8 Likes

Hi all,
this is jut to confirm (as communicated here) that a tickbox for leaving the community fund has now been implemented.

Many thanks for your patience and check it out on https://nns.ic0.app/ !

5 Likes

Random question about voting rewards… I apologize in advance if this is not the correct space/ post to discuss this. I see the current APY is at 20.2%… however, I also see the average voting power is around 4000… Does this mean to get the full 20.2% users need to have the average amount (around 2000 ICP staked for 8 years of non-dissolving)? Or, can someone with perhaps 200-500 still make the full 20.2% by consistently voting? Or, does someone with a lower than average voting power make the 11.6% annualized?

All neurons that have the same configuration (e.g. dissolve delay and age) and always votes will get the same daily maturity increase no matter how much is staked.

1 Like

Thank you! I thought so, however, I wanted to double-check. Would you mind sharing a link to where that information is provided? I want to see what/ where I overlooked. Also, I don’t want to take anyone’s time up with stupid questions and am trying to learn how it is the ICP network is able to do that/ how it works if that makes sense… I’m newer and this would help me, help others I get into this blockchain in the future. So, I appreciate your patience.

Here are some good resources…

The wiki is a one of the best resources today
https://wiki.internetcomputer.org/wiki/Internet_Computer_wiki

This medium article is one of the original publications after genesis and was my go to resource for a long time.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Hi @bjoernek, I’d like to verify, with the permanent flexibility to join and leave CF it means that:

1. before SNS swap/auction I can join CF with my neuron, vote for the SNS swap/auction, use maturity to obtain SNS tokens
  2. after SNS swap/auction leave CF and merge/collect from maturity ICP
  3. later re-join for another SNS swap/auction…
    ?

I think this would be a very convenient model, thanks!

2 Likes

Hi all, just for completeness: The revised design of the CF can be found here.

1 Like

Hi @plsak
yes this is correct you can leave and join at any time and thus participate only in selected SNS decentralization sales via the CF if you wish to.

1 Like

it is still not clear to me what I am being returned for contributing to the CF. From reading the forum it still seems vague, what does a “sns neuron” entail? I am assuming that it’s a locked value of SNS Token X, that gives rewards until it ultimately matures and returns the principal?

1 Like

There was also mention on this weeks R&D call that a DEX would be needed for the CF to function properly? Can someone elaborate on this for me?

1 Like

Hi @Sherlocked, many thanks for your follow-up questions. The forum post with a description of the latest design is here. This is aligned with what was presented today in the Global R&D. Please have a look, including at the Q&A section.

In addition I will prepare further technical documentation next week and share the links in the forum once available. In that doc will also elaborate a bit more on your points.

1 Like

Alternatives considered

• Liquidate the ICP of CF neurons: This option would have the benefit of providing further funding power to SNSs. It has however the drawback that it potentially adds a lot of liquid ICP to the market, which might have a big impact on the tokenomics of the ICP ecosystem.
  • Swap neurons instead of maturity, i.e. investors receive SNS neurons and the SNS receives NNS neurons. This option would be technically slightly more complex, as the swap canister would need to be able to swap NNS neurons against SNS neurons instead of ICP against SNS neurons. Also, the SNS would need to manage the swapped NNS neurons creating further complexity for the SNS. Therefore, we consider it sufficient to start with the simpler proposed design. If required, this functionality could be added in a later stage.

I prefer to take this way, for SNS participation in the community ecology, rich people contribute higher maturity, invest more in SNS ecology, they will get rich. But ordinary people are optimistic about one project, they will put all their ICP into this project, if they use the maturity way, assuming they have 1000 ICP, they can only invest a small part, but they want to change their status through investing this project. For the rich people, they use the maturity investment method whether they make money or not, they will always have money, but for the ordinary people, they really miss the opportunity through ALL IN, and can only go to the secondary market to buy. so the SNS maturity investment strategy can not generate wealth effect in the IC ecology. Thus it should open the SNS maturity to participants. Here suggest to take the way that the whole SNS shares can be invested in SNS at will.

1 Like