Add local identity as a controller to the the SNS majority neuron

Here in this post : How to deadlock an SNS and a possible solution to discuss
I read that its possible to vote using local identity, on behalf of other listed NNS principals neurons of sns_init.yaml file, but I didnt found a way to do that.
So after distribution of the initial neurons specified in the yamlfile, how will they vote using local identity if all listed neurons belongs to NNS (or is it compulsory to have atleast one listed neuron principal from local identity)?
Or Do we need to add local identity as hotkey to those neurons and then do voting using local terminal on 2nd SNS proposal? If yes, please I want to know how?

Hi @h1teshtr1path1 ,

Are you aware of the info box in Stage 1 of the SNS launch process documentation?
I assume this might answer most of your question.

Specifically, note that neurons controlled by NNS frontend dapp principals will only be shown in the NNS frontend dapp after the SNS is fully launched. Therefore it is recommended to set up enough initial neurons with other principals, for example with the quill tool, so that they can already vote on SNS proposals during the launch process.

There are ways to access your NNS frontend dapp neurons during the launch, but these are rather hacky solutions at this point.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks. So we need to tie enough neurons to local identities only, so that they can be used for voting via quill tool.
Also just one more question, how is the voting power before SNS calculated? Is it the same as after SNS launch? Or do the neurons used will have much more voting power since SNS sale participants won’t have their neurons yet ?

Add-on :
Also I wanted to know how to handover a neuron or add a controller to a neuron, that has a dissolve delay and vesting period, so that after the initial internal voting on 2nd Proposal I could assign it to a NNS identity?

Also just one more question, how is the voting power before SNS calculated? Is it the same as after SNS launch? Or do the neurons used will have much more voting power since SNS sale participants won’t have their neurons yet ?

The voting power is computed similarly to after the launch, but at this time only the initial neurons exist.
So it works in the same way than after the launch, but at this time the initial neurons are the only neurons, so they have together 100% of the voting power and each of them individually thus has more voting power than after the launch when more neurons exist.

Does this make sense?
Note that as long as the SNS is no fully launched, these initial neurons can however not vote on all kinds of proposals, for example they cannot move tokens out of the treasury. Such things are only possible once the SNS is fully launched.

Add-on :
Also I wanted to know how to handover a neuron or add a controller to a neuron, that has a dissolve delay and vesting period, so that after the initial internal voting on 2nd Proposal I could assign it to a NNS identity?

If you have a quill-controlled neuron, you should be able to add an additional NNS-frontend-dapp-principal as a second controller by using this quill command and by adding all the permissions that exist.
You can then later remove the quill-principal if you want.
I would recommend that you test this locally with an SNS launch that is as similar as possible to the one you want to do this for.

1 Like