8 year locked neuron missing from neurons tab

Hi @ielashi, that is great news. Glad I could help in some way. Thank you for all your help. @diegop @hpeebles @dralves

1 Like

@cuddlesquid The NNS dapp has been upgraded in proposal 39120. Please do the following:

1. Log into the NNS dapp
  2. Open the developer console.
  3. Enter the following command to add your own principal as a hotkey to your missing neuron:
await nns.governance.addHotKey("your-missing-neuron-id", "your-principal");
  1. Wait a few seconds, and if everything goes well, you should see an output that says {Ok: null}.
  2. Refresh the page, and your neuron should be there waiting for you.

Here’s an example of what the above command should look like. Note the " quotes around the ID and the principal.

If things don’t work, please share the command you used and the output you’re seeing.

8 Likes

@ielashi Command worked. Neuron is present now, thank you all. :pray:

5 Likes

Glad it worked! To be clear, we’re not finished yet :slight_smile: This is simply a hack to get the neuron to appear again, but the bug in the governance canister still exists, and others may run into this problem too. There’s ongoing work to resolve the underlying issue, and that will be addressed in the next release of the governance canister.

7 Likes

@cuddlesquid
hi i have exact same problem but i dont know my neuron id what should i do ?

i have neuron adrress
0587d5d9d47abff745c66b84245d0a9bb83c279f2b23a11fff20480f8ad57628

@ielashi @dralves
guys can you help me with my problem ?

Thread has a solution friend. Scroll to the top and click on the solution post.

1 Like

@navidballack Have you been able to restore your neuron?

1 Like

What if the neuron is not created? I skipped for error “Add Hotkey” during Neuron creation … how can I add it? Thank you.

If you created the neuron with the hardware wallet, you can see all the neurons belonging to it in the Hardware Wallet page.

• Go to “My Tokens”.
  • Make sure you have selected “Internet Computer”.
  • You should see your HW account card. Click there.
  • You will be redireced to the wallet page where you can see the transactions.
  • Make sure your hardware wallet is connected to the computer.
  • There is a button “Show neurons”. Click there.
  • You will have to approve from the hardware wallet.
  • You should see the neurons created with the Hardware Wallet.
  • If you click in the “Add Hotkey” next to each neuron, the current user of the nns-dapp will be added as hotkey. This way it should appear when you go to “My Neuron Staking”.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

This is awesome! It worked! Thank you! Have a nice weekend.

2 Likes

Hi, I have done this too and am not sure what to do to get my neuron to show again.

This is life saving!