Warning - Boom DAO Red Flag!

Yep, I have advocated for BoomDAO since their launch. I think it is a great project and they have provided good infrastructure that is being used by projects. Yet I was as surprised as everyone else when they moved 80% of the treasury in one move. Turns out they claim it was written into their whitepaper, which was published prior to the token swap. It also turns out that the SNS framework allows this to happen currently. So I’m not so sure it is accurate to claim this is a rug or a criminal act. They have posted explanations for their actions on Twitter (here and here) and they have continued to release products since that treasury move. Nonetheless, it’s understandable for the community, including me, to be uncomfortable with such a big treasury move so early for all the reasons described in the civilized portions of this public discussion. I would love to see @icpmaximalist and @atomikm provide further public clarification on the forum as I have already called for earlier in this post. That could help boost community confidence or at least provide new clarity.

In the meantime, I have already offered significant contribution to ideation on how this issue could be resolved in the future. You would know this if you had actually read any of these threads (here, here, here and here). Instead, you feel you are adding to the “information and discourse” by posting old news, making bold premature claims, and trying to put people on the spot who have nothing to do with the actions of BoomDAO or ICX. Stop the bully tactics and help the community grow. We can all make improvements. For example, we should all take a look at how we set up our SNS neurons. It’s not required to follow the SNS beacon neuron on all topics. DFINITY has already offered advice on how to configure our neurons to ensure they only will vote manually even if we follow the SNS beacon neuron on All Topics. Get the word out. That’s how you can be more helpful. I’m sure there will be improvements in the SNS framework to help mitigate these kinds of issues, but the reality is they will take time and the community needs to be patient. You are not helping IMO; you are only harassing. Your contributions to this thread sound as if you are only seeking an echo chamber. People have expressed a variety of opinions and yet you criticize any opinion that does not sound like your own. Why don’t you simply embrace diversity of thought on this subject. Perhaps then you would actually achieve your claim of being “here only for information and discourse”

1 Like